Large US Bank Achieves Two-Fold Improvement in Productivity from a Simplified Customer Service System
The Client One of the largest banks in the US. Challenges The client acquired a large US bank and needed to seamlessly integrate the two customer service organizations. Key challenges faced by the client during integration concerned:
- Ensuring operational efficiency and high customer satisfaction at all customer touch points
- Creating a CRM strategy which enabled revenue growth, improved operational efficiency and lowered Total Cost of Ownership
- Addressing customer grievance that the current environment was not completely aligned to their evolving needs
- Better empowering the service and implementation associates who were working with fragmented systems and inefficient business processes
To address the above challenges, the bank embarked on a strategic initiative to simplify the customer service system based on Siebel® eFinance platform.
Infosys was engaged for the entire initiative — right from the definition of business requirements to the deployment of the application and production support to around 500 users across the US. Infosys partnered with the bank to provide solutions around the futuristic service delivery platform. The platform supports more than six contact centers across continental US and is being extended to EMEA region. The consolidated Service Delivery platform delivered two-fold improvement in productivity by better service resource management and reduced service call time
Infosys also manages Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) on the Service Delivery Platform. Services rendered by Infosys include configuration of the CTI application, performance analysis and improvement of interfaces, and package assurance. Genesys® CTI to Siebel Finance 22.214.171.124 integration and CC Pulse/CC Analyzer/Brio Intelligence Designer are used for generating reports. CME, SCI & IRD tools were used for implementing the solution.
The solution requires all service interactions to be logged, tracked and analyzed to ensure prompt resolution through root cause analysis and resolution performance tracking. It allocates resources for service request fulfillment based on cost-effectiveness and the level of complexity of service requests.
- Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) have a 360° view of customers and are better equipped to process service requests. They are also able to provide personalized service support
- Increased scalability and improved productivity by 23%. CSRs can service up to 45,000 new clients
- CSRs freed up to build client relationship since 20% of the calls are self-serviced. Average Call Handling Time reduced by 5%
- Total Cost of Ownership reduced by 35% by leveraging Infosys’ Global Delivery Model
- Customer satisfaction increased by over 5% as 92% of service requests are serviced and closed within a day