Leading Bank Upgrades from WebSphere Customer Center 6.5 to InfoSphere Master Data Management V8.0
A leading bank in the US acquired several small banks to consolidate its market share. The bank had to cleanse the data of millions of customers and accounts. All the customer master data was stored in Customer Information Systems (CIS) to render the golden copy of the customer in a centralized master data hub.
The bank implemented IBM WebSphere Customer Center v6.5 to reduce the Total Cost of Ownership in hardware, software licenses, application development and maintenance.
IBM released InfoSphere Master Data Management V8.0. The bank realized that the new features of InfoSphere Master Data Management V8.0 will enable future master data consolidation. It partnered with Infosys to upgrade to InfoSphere Master Data Management V8.0. The challenges of the project included:
- Product knowledge of InfoSphere Master Data Management V8.0 with existing team members
- The bank was among the first clients to upgrade from WebSphere Customer Center 6.5 to InfoSphere Master Data Management V8.0
- Onboarding IBM support for InfoSphere Master Data Management V8.0 product-related issue resolution
- Proof-of-concept includes all web services vs. a representative sample of the code base
Infosys was the lead systems integrator and managed the upgrade program from inception to delivery. Our responsibilities included detailing the implementation plan, detailed upgrade plan and back out strategy for the upgrade program. Our Master Data Management Center of Excellence contributed to the program by undertaking a proof-of-concept and establishing the upgrade methodology.
Infosys' upgrade program realized several benefits:
- Infosys' delivery and IBM's product consultancy services significantly reduced the cost of the upgrade program
- Infosys' consultancy for critical upgrade issues was ratified by IBM consultants without modifications
- Upgrade methodology established by our Master Data Management Center of Excellence accelerated the design and proof-of-concept of the custom code base