Infosys Testing Practice is a leader in software testing: NelsonHall
NelsonHall, a leading analyst and advisory firm, has recognized Infosys Independent Validation Solutions (IVS) as an industry leader servicing enterprise clients. The report acknowledges the practice’s key strengths as domain specialization focus, assets and IP, consulting capabilities in transformational engagements, experience in handling complex projects, and industry leadership.
NelsonHall makes a special mention of the ERP testing and telecom practices of Infosys IVS services. The report discusses how Infosys offers highly specialized offerings to implement ERP testing across SAP, Oracle, Siebel and PeopleSoft HCM applications. It says the ERP Testing Practice at Infosys was established to test heterogeneous software implementations and upgrades, which require diverse testing skills and methodologies.
The report also provides a snapshot of Infosys Telecom Testing Services. It discusses how Infosys has positioned its telecom testing offering around fulfillment, assurance, and billing functions, based on the industry-standard eTOM model. Also discussed are telecom-specific offerings like end-to-end validation of business transformation, wireless-in-a box solution, and validation of customer care and billing systems.
- Provides a broad spectrum of testing and validation services for custom applications, specialized validation such as test data management, data warehouse testing, service-oriented architecture testing, cloud testing and consulting services
- Offers a range of engagement models – time and material (T&M), fixed price, unit of work, and outcome-based models
- Testing as a Service (TaaS) – which forms one element of a broader cloud-related testing offering IVS has developed – includes HP testing tools in PPU (pay-per-use) model along with Infosys Testing Services. This helps clients drastically reduce their investments from a tool license perspective
- Developed testing solutions with business-process-based testing packages of test cases and test scripts for financial services, retail, insurance, healthcare and life sciences, communications, media and entertainment, energy and utilities
- Provides testing centers of excellence (TCoE) for custom and package applications as part of the application management contract, as well as dedicated centers for major implementation projects. The report highlights the Infosys TCoE offering with a mention of its 25 client-dedicated large TCoEs, with each of them being over a 100- personnel strong
- Provides tools such as Schema-Linked Assertion Testing Engine, data warehousing software test automation tool, metrics dashboard, middleware testing solution, and online testing workbench for specialized services
- Developed frameworks, tools and accelerators to automate and expedite test planning and execution. In addition, the practice has developed indigenous solutions:
Download the report
Published with permission of NelsonHall
Learn more about Infosys Independent Validation and Testing Services