For Batelco, Infosys enabled an upgrade to mySAP ERP 2004, resulting in standardized business processes and significant cost savings through IT consolidation
Batelco, the first telecom company in the Middle East is headquartered in Bahrain and offers a full range of reliable, competitively-priced communications services and solutions. Batelco is the first in the region to offer Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) services.
The client wanted to minimize IT operating costs and realize cost savings through IT consolidation.
Batelco was supported by a Single Instance of SAP 4.6 C managed by the Corporate Financial Systems Group. To standardize business processes across functions, Batelco wanted to upgrade their system to mySAP ERP 2004.
It was necessary to execute the project in a dynamic environment where changes due to ongoing project and production support are continuous. It was essential to manage this complexity while ensuring minimal business impact.
Among other challenges during the upgrade were:
- Fast stabilization of the new version
- Zero cost or time overruns
In the upgrade phase, the key deliverables were upgrade of the development box, functional testing and managing dependency and conflict with concurrent SAP projects. Infosys employed the ASAP methodology for the upgrade. Consequently, the phases of Business Blueprint, Realization and Go-Live were achieved in a very short span of three months.
Infosys' upgrade tool reduced the cost of Batelco's SAP upgrade project by about 20%.
Key highlights of the Infosys Solution:
- System delivered to end users before time
- System stability achieved quickly after go-live
Infosys used a host of tools and utilities developed in-house to manage the project for Batelco. Some of these were
- Version Conflict Utility For managing conflicts with parallel developments in 4.6C during upgrade
- Issue Tracker Tool A custom-developed SAP R/3 tool for issue management
- Standardization of processes across the project
- Delivery on time and within budget
- A smooth transition from the existing technology to the upgraded version
For more information on Infosys-SAP solutions and services, please
Download this case study