Infosys-powered SAP upgrade enables Sidmar to derive continuous business value while significantly reducing operational costs
Sidmar is a part of Arcelor, the world's second largest steel producer. It caters to the automotive industry and other sectors that require high levels of quality, including white goods, furniture, and construction.
Sidmar wanted to upgrade to a recent SAP version for improved additional functionality and shorter upgrade cycles in the future. The SAP upgrade would also provide an opportunity to replace custom modifications with standard SAP objects. It would enable the organization to derive continuous business value while reducing operational costs.
Sidmar's highly dynamic system with large ongoing SAP projects needed dexterous treatment. Changes due to ongoing projects and production support were continuous; therefore, it was important to manage additional complexity while ensuring minimal impact to business. On-time delivery was extremely critical to the client's competitiveness.
- Infosys completed a rigorous assessment of the expected impact of the SAP upgrade. The evaluation was based on the analysis provided by the proprietary Infosys upgrade tool.
- Business processes were prioritized as per the tailored ASAP methodology
- Over 20 percent cost savings as an outcome of using Infosys Global Delivery Model (GDM)
- Early identification and mitigation of risks (e.g. retrofitting issues with dynamic workflows)
- Highly stable upgrade with negligible post go-live issues
- Delivery completed on time and within budget
For more information on Infosys-SAP solutions and services, please
Download this case study