Farabi Petrochemicals wins the Microsoft Dynamics 2012 Industry Excellence Award
Farabi Petrochemicals was recognized by Microsoft with the ‘2012 Industry Excellence Award', as part of the Microsoft Dynamics Customer Excellence Awards program. The company partnered with Infosys for a leading-edge Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation, and was recognized for their commitment to industry excellence. Working with Infosys — a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner — Farabi was able to build a robust, fully integrated, and easy-to-use enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that provides real-time visibility into company-wide data, improves business intelligence, enables rapid decision-making, and reduces duplication of work.
Farabi and Infosys were honored by Microsoft at an awards ceremony in Houston on Monday, March 19, 2012, at Convergence 2012 — the premier event for the Microsoft Dynamics customer and partner business community.
The Customer Excellence Awards, which were presented in 9 categories this year, recognize and celebrate Microsoft Dynamics customers who have achieved notable accomplishments using their Microsoft Dynamics solutions.
About the engagement and Infosys solution
Farabi Petrochemicals is one of the leading producers of petrochemical products in Saudi Arabia. Operating with numerous disparate IT systems, Farabi wanted a robust and easy-to-use system that could integrate with their existing infrastructure. Their objective was to provide real-time visibility into company-wide data and support their complex business processes and operations. Given their operating environment, a single integrated solution was imperative for Farabi to improve their business intelligence, reduce duplication of work, and enable faster decision-making.
Key solution features and benefits
Farabi chose Infosys as their preferred partner to deploy Microsoft Dynamics AX. Infosys leveraged the Global Delivery Model (GDM) pioneered by the company, as well as expertise and extensive knowledge of packaged applications, to implement the integrated solution at Farabi's Al-Jubail plant in Saudi Arabia. The solution was implemented in less than 10 months, which is one of the fastest deployments of its kind in the petrochemicals industry.
- Infosys helped Farabi re-engineer their business processes based on benchmarked global best practices.
- Infosys deployed a flexible, scalable solution based on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, reducing total cost of ownership and helping to meet the firm's business needs.
- The reporting and business integration framework of Microsoft Dynamics AX improved implementation, integration, deployment, and use of business performance management features for Farabi.
- The efficiency of Farabi's Projects department could be improved by providing real-time insight into the financial performance of projects with the help of powerful business analysis tools.
- The balanced score card module helped the Business Excellence department increase productivity by more than 50%.
In addition to rapid implementation, Infosys helped Farabi realize improved productivity, $75,000 in annual savings, and better information management.
Published with permission of Farabi Petrochemicals and Microsoft
Learn more about Microsoft Dynamics Practice at Infosys
Read the Microsoft-Infosys case study on the Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation at Farabi Petrochemicals
Learn more about Microsoft Dynamics 2012 Customer Excellence Awards