Electronics / hardware development
Electronic systems lie at the core of many products produced in the digital age. Last decade saw the average product life cycle shrink from three years to just a couple of months. New-age products demand extreme reliability at the lowest possible costs to be achieved in the shortest possible timeline. Electronics hardware OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and ODMs (original design manufacturers) face major challenges today in areas such as:
- Agility: To find a truly global partner who can deliver anywhere and everywhere
- Innovation: To get expert design resources and provide end-to-end solutions for product design needs
- Profitability: To ensure stable and scalable design partners
Infosys Hardware Product Design services unit is the right engineering partner to deliver end-to-end solutions and systematically accelerate time to market.
- Complete program management: In our unique one-stop-shop business model, we take complete ownership of design implementation. We work with OEMs and ODMs for specification collection on the one side and with CMs for end product assembly, testing and manufacturing on the other side.
- Reduce total development costs: By running an efficient product development ‘factory’, we focus on continuous productivity improvement with frameworks, baseline and measure. Our lean engineering methods enhance our virtualized lab resources. We have a robust system to capture knowledge of best practices and implement it to reduce engineering efforts. Our proven global engineering model provides resource leverage to further reduce total program effort and cost.
- Accelerate time to market: Our hardware team comprises well-known industry veterans and experts who strategize business cases and deliver quality products, meeting the scheduled goals. In addition, our stringent governance model, efficient and timely communication with customers, built-in reference methodologies, expert knowledge base, and automation tools leverage our core competence ensuring fast-track development.
- Cost effective engineering: Analysis, modeling and simulation are an integral process of building reliable and robust products at Infosys. We ensure this by being up to date with the latest technology trends and process changes through acquiring advanced tools / packages and talents. The functional model thus developed would get validated through reviews and discussions with SMEs (subject matter experts).
Our robust partnership ecosystem and expertise in design implementation help us deliver end-to-end solutions to customers, ensuring the right quality and on-time project execution. Furthermore, offshore development expertise and the global presence that Infosys enjoys help customers reduce management efforts; smooth work transitioning and efficient communication that result in cost arbitrage without impacting project quality and productivity.
Infosys offers end-to-end product development, design and modeling, simulation, and verification and validation services for electronic products.