Mechanical product development
Shrinking window of opportunity and product development time, in addition to technology advancements, environment sensitivity, regulatory stringency and – most importantly – cost pressures, are placing a tremendous burden on product development resources that are already strained.
In building tomorrow's products, organizations are faced with the following challenges:
- Organizations need to reduce product complexity, adopt new technologies and sustain the pace of innovation to be on the cutting edge with tightening investment budgets.
- Fluctuating economic conditions and demand fluctuations place immense pressure on product managers to optimize life cycle costs and overheads.
- Organizations have to make their products and processes adaptable to global markets to maximize customer opportunity.
- Global resource leverage: Infosys provides access to a vast pool of product development expertise across the globe, operating product development teams as businesses focusing on delivering excellence and continuous productivity increase, turning cost centers into value centers.
- Product development factory approach: Infosys teams operate as extensions to customers’ in-house R&D department with dedicated offshore R&D centers. We combine lean engineering methods with proven and refined frameworks to baseline, measure and improve engineering productivity, reducing product development program effort significantly.
- Knowledge reuse: With expertise developed over best-design attributes and practices from over 50 product development programs and cross-industry learning, Infosys offers knowledge-based engineering tools, process libraries, databases and rule bases for scientific knowledge capture and reuse, focusing on reduction in process iterations.
Services and solutions
Whether it is developing an advanced commercial aircraft with stringent weight and emission targets or designing a trailer body with alternative materials to improve thermal and structural strength, Infosys enhances your innovation capabilities with a flexible talent pool that can cross-fertilize a huge wealth of experience, catalyze your product development and deliver measurable business value right from concept to launch.
- Concept design
- Detailed design
- Analysis and optimization
- Post-tool kickoff