A very mature organization with operational excellence at its heart and innovation at the core
In 2005, Infosys started working with AstraZeneca, a life sciences major operating across 100 countries with annual revenues of more than US$33 billion. Over these seven years, the relationship has grown from strength to strength.
Today, Infosys is a strategic partner for AstraZeneca, bringing significant business value in the areas of application support and maintenance, middleware, and rollouts of enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions.
The future areas of partnerships will be in:
- Next-generation regulatory compliance system
- Co-creation with AstraZeneca for delivering regulatory compliance as a business platform
- Proactive ideas about moving the entire sourcing and procurement of AstraZeneca to an integrated platform
- Concepts around combining discrete pieces of sourcing and procurement work across business areas
Sam Covell, Head of IS Procurement at AstraZeneca, shares the company's innovation journey with Infosys from integrated application management services to process innovations to co-creation.
In this video, Sam Covell talks about AstraZeneca's strategy to remain a global, innovation-driven bio-pharma business. In order to execute this strategy, three core values are key:
- Courageous – challenge each other to find sustainable solutions, leading by example at all levels and acting with integrity always.
- Collaborative – connecting with people inside and outside of AstraZeneca, leveraging value diversity and combining strengths to achieve shared goals.
- Creative – think different, be inventive, and resourceful in problem solving; anticipate and respond to future needs.
By aligning with the above core values, Infosys is helping position AstraZeneca as a key enabler and value creator that responds to the following core challenges:
- Innovate – within and beyond the enterprise boundaries
- Accelerate – the pace of delivering distinctive competitive advantage
- Simplify – processes and operating models
- Lead – from the front with accountability and responsibility
Report: NelsonHall calls the Infosys approach towards application outsourcing ‘refreshing and convincing’