1) What is the area of operation of Infosys?
Infosys Limited (Infosys) – along with its majority owned and controlled subsidiaries – is a leading global consulting and IT services firm. The company provides end-to-end business solutions that leverage technology. The company provides solutions that span the entire software life cycle encompassing consulting, technology, engineering, and outsourcing services. In addition, the company offers software products and platforms.
2) Where and in which year was Infosys incorporated?
Infosys was incorporated in 1981 as Infosys Consultants Private Limited, a private limited company under the Indian Companies Act, 1956. It changed its name to Infosys Technologies Private Limited in April 1992, to Infosys Technologies Limited in June 1992, when it became a public limited company, and to Infosys Limited in June 2011. Infosys completed its initial public offering of equity shares in India in 1993 and its initial public offering of American Depositary Shares (ADSs) in the United States in 1999. In July 2003, June 2005 and November 2006, it completed sponsored secondary offerings of ADSs in the United States on behalf of its shareholders
3) What is the revenue and profit of Infosys for the recently concluded quarter and for the last 12 months?
|As per IFRS (Rs cr)||As per IFRS ($ m)|
|Q3 FY15 revenues||13,796||2,218|
|Q3 FY15 net profits||3,250||522|
|LTM Q3 FY15 revenues||52,783||8,644|
|LTM Q3 FY15 net profits||12,224||2,002|
4) What is the 5-year revenue and profit CAGR of Infosys?
|As per IFRS (Rs cr)||As per IFRS ($ m)|
5) What is the employee strength of the Infosys Group?
Infosys and its subsidiaries had 169,638 employees as of December 31, 2014.
6) Does the company have debt in its balance sheet?
Infosys is a debt-free company. It doesn't have any outstanding debt or fixed deposits. The company presently generates sufficient cash internally to finance all its operational, financing and investment requirements.
7) What is the credit rating of the company?
The credit rating of the company is A- (Standard & Poor's rating) and 5A1 (Dun & Bradstreet rating).
8) How many software development centers does Infosys have?
Infosys has 93 global development centers as on March 31, 2014, of which 36 are in India and 57 are outside India.
9) How many sales offices does Infosys have?
Infosys has 73 sales offices around the world as on March 31, 2014, of which 3 are in India and 70 are outside India.
10) What is the address of the registered office of Infosys?
The address of the registered office of Infosys is as below.
Bangalore 560 100, India
Tel.: +91 80 2852 0261
Fax: +91 80 2852 0362
11) When does the financial year of Infosys end?
The Infosys financial year ends on March 31.
12) In which stock exchanges are Infosys shares / American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) listed and what are the codes?
The equity shares of Infosys are listed on BSE and NSE in India and its ADS is listed on the NYSE in the US. The respective codes are as below.
|In India||Outside India|
|Bloomberg code||INFO IS||INFO IB||INFY UN|
13) Where can I obtain information on the financial results of Infosys?
The quarterly and annual financial results of Infosys can be accessed at: http://www.infosys.com/investors/reports-filings/quarterly-results/Pages/index.aspx
14) Where can I obtain details on the Infosys stockholders?
Infosys stockholder details are provided at the link below:
15) What is an American Depositary Share (ADS)?
An ADS is a negotiable certificate evidencing ownership of an outstanding class of stock in a non-US company. ADSs are created when ordinary shares are delivered to a custodian bank in the domestic market, which then instructs a depositary bank in the US to issue ADSs based on a predetermined ratio. ADSs are SEC-registered securities and may trade freely, just like any other security, either on an exchange or in the over-the-counter market.
16) What is the ratio of equity shares to ADS?
1 equity share held / traded in India is equivalent to 1 ADS held / traded on NYSE.
17) Do the ADSs have voting rights?
Yes. In the event of a matter submitted to the holders of ordinary shares for a vote, the ADS holders on record as at a particular date will be allowed to instruct the depositary bank to exercise the vote in respect of the equity shares representing the ADS held by them.
18) Are the ADSs entitled to cash dividends?
Yes, whenever dividends are paid to ordinary shareholders, cash dividends to ADS holders are declared in local currency and paid in dollars (based on the prevailing exchange rate) by the depositary bank, net of the depositary’s fees and expenses.
Equity shares information
19) When did Infosys make its initial public offer (IPO) and what was the initial listing price? Was there any follow-on offering?
Infosys made an initial public offer in February 1993 and its shares were listed on stock exchanges in India in June 1993. Trading opened at Rs. 145 per share, compared to the IPO price of Rs. 95 per share. In October 1994, Infosys made a private placement of 5,50,000 shares at Rs. 450 each to Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs), Financial Institutions (FIs) and body corporates. In March 1999, it issued 20,70,000 ADSs (equivalent to 10,35,000 equity shares of par value of Rs. 10 each) at US$34 per ADS under the American Depositary Shares Program and the same were listed on the NASDAQ National Market. All the above data is unadjusted for issue of stock split and bonus shares. During July 2003, June 2005 and November 2006, it made successful secondary ADR issues of US$294 million, US$1.07 billion and US$1.605 billion respectively.
In December 2012, Infosys transferred the listing of its American Depositary Shares (ADS) to the NYSE from the NASDAQ. In February 2013, Infosys got listed in Euronext London and Paris markets.
20) What is the history of bonus issues (equivalent to stock split in the form of stock dividend) and stock split at Infosys?
|Fiscal||Bonus share issue||Stock split ratio|
|2000||-||2 for 1|
21) Does Infosys have a dividend reinvestment program or dividend stock purchase plan?
Infosys does not offer a dividend reinvestment program or dividend stock program at present.
22) Does Infosys pay dividends? What is the dividend policy of Infosys?
Currently, Infosys pays dividends to its shareholders. The current dividend policy is to distribute up to 40 percent of the PAT (consolidated Indian GAAP) as dividend. The Board of Directors reviews the dividend policy periodically and on Apr 15, 2014 decided to hike the dividend policy to up to 40 percent of post-tax profits from up to 30 percent of post-tax profits earlier.
23) What was the Dividend Per Share paid out during the last ten years?
Earnings release date
24) What is the date of release of financial results?
|Quarter ending||Earnings release date|
|March 31, 2015||April 24, 2015|
25) When is the dividend declared?
Infosys pays dividend twice a year. An interim dividend is generally declared by the board in October along with the adoption of second quarter results. Additionally, a final dividend is recommended by the Board in April along with the adoption of annual results. The final dividend is subject to the approval of shareholders at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
26) When is the AGM held?
AGM for fiscal 2014 was held on June 14, 2014 and for fiscal 2013, it was held on June 14, 2013 in Bangalore.
27) Does the company organize any investor day / analyst day?
The company organizes an analyst day in India periodically in one of its campuses. In 2014, it was held in Pune campus on December 4, 2014. Additionally, the company organizes an analyst day in New York periodically. Both the buy-side and sell-side are invited to the analyst day.
28) Does the company have quiet periods?
Yes. Infosys follows quiet periods prior to its earnings release every quarter. During the quiet period, the company or any of its officials will not discuss earnings expectations with any external parties. Based on the tentative dates of the earnings release, the tentative quiet periods would be as follows:
|Quarter ending||Earnings release date||Quiet period|
|March 31, 2015||April 24, 2015||March 26, 2015 – April 23, 2015|