Infosys Test Automation Accelerator
Companies face challenges in adopting tools to automate their testing. It is primarily due to high investment costs associated with tool procurement and the difficulty in selecting the right automation framework.
Infosys Test Automation Accelerator helps clients overcome these challenges, and accelerate the automation of their functional and regression testing. The robust framework provided by the solution enables early automation, which helps develop test scripts during the design and development phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). Further, the solution leverages existing automation tools and allows engagement of business users in test automation, while reducing the dependence on highly skilled testing personnel.
Infosys Test Automation Accelerator enables end-to-end test automation of applications spanning multiple technologies. It supports multiple test tools such as HP’s QuickTest Professional and WinRunner, IBM Rational Functional Tester, Test Partner and Borland SilkTest, in addition to open-source tools such as Selenium. It allows frequent releases of applications by reducing the maintenance effort without compromising on the quality of testing.
Key features and benefits
- Early automation: On confirmation of test requirements, test automation can be conducted concurrently with preparation of manual test cases
- Faster time to market and increased ROI: Provides competitive advantage and enables routing of cost savings to other IT and business initiatives
- Pre-built function libraries: Reduces the cost of developing an automation test suite by up to 30%. They enable generation of automated scripts after documenting the logical flow of test cases
- Offline automation: Lowers investment in test tool licenses by limiting the need for multiple test tool licenses to the test execution phase. Licenses are required only during test execution and creation of the object repository for the application under test (AUT)
- Reusable business components: Enables higher reusability and reduced effort during maintenance. Automated test cases based on the design of the business processes result in higher reuse of scripts
- End-to-end automation framework: Scalable and extensible automation framework covering multiple application technology platforms and packages ensures lower investment cost and faster ROI as the framework is well defined, easy to use, robust and scalable
- Automation methodology: Reduces development cost by enabling business users and manual testers to develop automated test scripts