Ways to extract actionable insights from the tidal wave of enterprise data
The Strategic Insights practice at Infosys focuses on empowering business users with insights that enable them to make more effective decisions by using data, research and analytics tools, frameworks, and more.
Challenges and opportunities
Today's businesses find themselves inundated with data – both structured and unstructured – from multiple internal and external sources. Even so, many businesses are 'data rich' and 'insight poor'. While there are multiple tools available in the market for analytics, research, and data mining, these alone do not adequately serve the needs of business users.
At Infosys, our experts help extract insights from both quantitative and qualitative data. We provide a range of services, including research, reporting and visualization, data analysis, and advanced analytics services.
Our key enablers that deliver measurable business value for clients are:
- Differentiated talent, with the capability to collaborate and consult with key business personas in the client organization
- Proven expertise in tools and frameworks, which enables transformation of data into user-specific and decision-context-specific insights
- Ability to deliver value on an enterprise scale, using technology that enables scalable implementation of insights-driven decisions into core business processes
Our Strategic Insights basket comprises three focused offerings:
How we deliver business value
- Insights Desk - This offering focuses on business outcomes. As an extension of the client's business team, we deliver actionable insights based on multiple tools, analytical capabilities and pre-built IP. The desk also collaborates closely with the technology and business functions of client businesses in the execution of insights that help realize value.
- Market Intelligence - This offering answers strategic business questions, using primary and secondary research methodologies — wherein expert opinion, public information, and proprietary data are synthesized and presented. Market Intelligence provides support for business research, investment research, and private equity research across industries.
- Reporting Factory - This offering helps develop and deliver scalable reporting and visualization services to support business users across functions — even as the integrated BI roadmap of an organization evolves. It combines the best practices around agile methodology to deliver immediate results. Reporting Factory also standardizes techniques to reduce the number of reports and commercial spreadsheet proliferations, and helps devise innovative approaches to ensure business adoption.
Infosys helps realize increased business adoption of strategic insights, when compared to traditional approaches, by leveraging its key strengths, including:
- Consulting skills that help connect with business users and identify real issues
- Capabilities that bring the right blend of insights consulting as well as technology skills to deliver highly relevant and scalable solutions
- The global delivery model — pioneered by Infosys — which brings significant benefits across the global footprint of client businesses