Communicate and collaborate
The Infosys global survey of 500 business executives reveals that customer / partner collaboration tools are among the top three priorities to build customer loyalty. Companies are embracing co-creation by engaging customers, partners and employees across geographies to build products and services and foster customer loyalty.
Breaking down barriers to collaboration
People are distributed and mobile in today's globalized world. This hinders effective collaboration. Challenges to effective collaboration can be classified into:
The ability to find the right people and manage such a network for business interactions is imperative for enterprise collaboration.
- Communicating effectively
The stakeholders need to choose the right tools for effective communication.
|Textual||Emails, documents, wikis, discussion boards and blogs||Instant messaging, SMS and shared document editing|
|Visual||Image sharing and PowerPoint||Shared white boarding and shared presentation|
|Audio||Voice mail and podcast||Phone and conferencing|
|Video||Video mail and video blogs / posts||Video conferencing and desktop conferencing|
- Managing the shared information / knowledge
Knowledge workers have to filter, process and absorb a huge volume of data. It affects their productivity as a major portion of the information is stored in back-end systems, emails, documents etc. They have to wade through data to find, remember and manage information.
People-oriented approach towards collaboration
A role-based approach aligns information with the user's work or the business context in which the user performs functions. Based on the work being done, there are three kinds of roles into which user activities can be categorized – doers, solvers and thinkers.
- A doer's process is well defined; she or he works in the context
- A solver does not have a defined process. She or he is driven by exception, and handles problems that arise
- A thinker's work context is driven by ideas
A true collaborative environment consists of the following components:
- People services: Provides contact as well as people network management capabilities
- Information services: Provides contextual aggregated information, and the ability to search and link to a variety of information sources
- Communication services: Provides the ability to share information and connect with one or more persons either synchronously or asynchronously
- Context management services: Provides the ability to manage people, information and communication services according to user roles
- Role-based workbench: Provides an integrated view into workbenches with embedded services, enabling users to work efficiently
Infosys Enterprise Collaboration solution connects people, process and information in a contextual manner. It enables enterprises to:
- Increase people productivity for process effectiveness and efficiency
- Accelerate decision-making for faster time to market
- Improve idea-sharing for rapid innovation