NelsonHall's 'Mobile Payment Services Market Assessment and Forecast' report rates Infosys as a leader
In its report released in November 2012, the leading analyst firm positioned mobile payments services from Infosys in the 'Leaders Quadrant'.
Excerpts from NelsonHall's 'Mobile Payment Services Market Assessment and Forecast' report:
- Infosys Enterprise Mobility practice is ranked third overall in terms of its mobile payments capabilities
- Infosys is the highest ranked global systems integrator
- Infosys Enterprise Mobility practice has highest market share in consulting services and systems integration services around mobile payments
According to NelsonHall, "Infosys has a growing mobile payments services business based in consulting and systems integration across key verticals and a proprietary solution offering, which integrates well with key mobile payments ecosystem solutions / platforms."
The report states that "Mobile payments are an emerging part of the payments industry. Business models, technology, and delivery methods remain untried and in development. Overall the expectation of market participants is to expand consumer usage while decreasing costs."
The report also states that clients are looking for mobile payments engagements that "deliver both consulting (guidance) and system integration (deployment) services for new mobile payments platform."
For the purpose of this report NelsonHall defines 'mobile payments' as 'payments initiated or completed through wireless devices'.
The report considered the following types of payments.
- SMS payment: Consumer sends payment request text message to payment provider
- M-Wallet: Consumer uses phone to access one of several accounts to pay bill
- M at POS: Merchants use mobile phone as POS device to accept cards
- M-platform: Consumer sends money using vendor payment platform (including WAP)
- Carrier billing: Consumer uses mobile billing option at merchant to receive a bill from carrier or bank
- Closed loop: Merchant (government) provides proprietary mobile payment option (e.g., Starbucks or London Transport)
Download (Registration Required)
Published with permission of NelsonHall