Infosys Technologies To Manage Microsoft's Internal IT Services
Three-Year Services Agreement Includes IT Help Desk, Desk Side Services, and IT Infrastructure and Applications Support
Bangalore, India - April 13, 2010
News Highlights | Key Quotes | Media Contact
- Infosys announced today that it will manage internal IT services for Microsoft worldwide. As part of this managed services agreement, Infosys will streamline implementation processes, simplify support and service, while at the same time lowering the enterprise costs through the use of the latest Microsoft solutions such as Windows 7.
- Infosys will provide Microsoft with IT help desk, desk-side services, and infrastructure and application support from multiple global centers. Infosys will manage Microsoft's internal IT services for applications, devices, and databases in 450 locations across104 countries.
- Infosys will establish a dedicated Service Excellence Office to help Microsoft implement ISO 20000 and ITSM Processes.
- This agreement provides Infosys with a unique opportunity to partner with Microsoft IT and gain deep and early expertise in the implementation and management of the latest Microsoft technologies, and thus enhancing Infosys capabilities to help other customers leverage Microsoft's innovation and adopt these technologies.
- Infosys has partnered with Unisys to provide global desk-side support and service desk based on their strong capabilities, commitment to innovation and customer service. Unisys' multi-language service desk integrated with desk side support will enable enhanced end-user productivity.
- "This managed services agreement will further strengthen the Infosys – Microsoft partnership, and is a significant milestone in the multi-faceted relationship," said Sanjay Jalona, Vice President and Head, Manufacturing North America, Infosys. "Infosys will deliver this engagement in an outcome based pricing model, enabling Microsoft to associate and manage IT costs directly to business variables and demand."
- "Infosys Infrastructure Management Services combined with our extensive partner ecosystem helps clients manage the costs and complexity of an ever-changing technology landscape," said Anand Nataraj, Vice President and Unit Head, Infrastructure Management Services. "Our landmark agreement with Microsoft based on a unified IT Service Management roadmap will result in moving towards a service oriented organization along with improvement in quality of existing and new services."
- "Infosys demonstrated that it understood our transformational goals by introducing a flexible and innovative end-to-end approach to manage our support infrastructure," said Jim DuBois, General Manager of Service Management, Microsoft Corporation. "The fully integrated solution developed by Infosys, combined with process compliance, a robust tool platform and the creation of a Service Excellence Office will help us enhance how we deliver end-user computing services to our internal employees and partners while leveraging the innovation and investments we make in developing new technologies."
Media Contact (Infosys):
, Infosys Technologies, +1 (213) 268-9363
Media Contact (Unisys):
, +1 (215) 986-2214
About Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. Infosys has over 113,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit www.infosys.com.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 25,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com .
Infosys Safe Harbor
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009 and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended June 30, 2009 , September 30, 2009 and December 31,2009. These filings are available at www.sec.gov . Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company