Infosys Finacle Achieves New Global Benchmarks for Processing Banking Transactions; Successfully Supports Over 1.9 Billion Customer Accounts on Oracle SuperCluster
Finacle can process six times the volume of transactions currently processed by the entire US banking system; achieves Oracle SuperCluster optimized status
Bangalore – April 9, 2014: Infosys today announced that its Finacle core banking solution(1) running on an Oracle SuperCluster engineered system(1) has set new global benchmarks for the number of transactions processed across key banking functions. In a test that was audited and reviewed by the global audit firm, Ernst & Young, the solution supported over 1.9 billion(2) bank accounts with near linear scalability – a number higher than the current population of China, the most populous country in the world(3). The tests were conducted across a mix of 12 business-critical online transactions and batch processes. The Finacle solution(1) was tested on an Oracle SuperCluster and Oracle SPARC T5 servers with Oracle Solaris 11 to determine its performance and scalability parameters.
The test also saw Finacle processing 726 million effective transactions in four hours, or over 50,000 average transactions per second, to manage workloads comprising of multiple online transactions and customer touch points as well as third-party systems. This represents six times the daily volume of transactions currently processed by the entire US banking system, based on industry estimates of transaction volumes(4). These results highlight Finacle’s capabilities to help banks manage extremely large transaction volumes and cater to a dynamically growing customer base at lower costs.
Key performance highlights(1)
- The Finacle core banking solution(1) processed interest accruals for over one billion term deposit accounts in less than 87 minutes, or an average of 213,000 records per second.
- The solution demonstrated its ability to manage large delivery channel workloads by processing 204 million effective transactions in 35 minutes, or an average of 97,000 effective transactions per second.
- Interest payments to over 79 million savings accounts were processed in 32 minutes, or an average of 41,000 transactions per second.
- The test was simulated on the Finacle database of over 49 terabytes having over 205,000 branches and more than a million branch users.
- Finacle’s latest performance levels(1) have shown an improvement of three to five times over its own earlier established benchmarks.
Additionally, Infosys Finacle(1) has earned the Oracle SuperCluster Optimized status through Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), demonstrating that Finacle(1) has been tested and tuned on Oracle SuperCluster to deliver speed, scalability, and reliability to customers. Infosys is a Diamond level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork.
Haragopal M., Senior Vice President and Global Head – Finacle, Infosys
“Efficient performance and robust scalability are critical requirements for banks to manage growth globally. The current lab benchmarks demonstrate Finacle’s prowess in consistently processing large volumes of transactions across critical banking functions. With Finacle, banks can now scale without worrying about managing exponential increases in business volumes and operational costs.”
Stephen Greer, Analyst – Retail and Business Banking, Celent
"Infosys Finacle is, unsurprisingly, at the top of their game right now. This benchmark further underlines Finacle’s impressive capabilities. The last time Celent recorded a scalability benchmark from core banking solution providers was in 2012 for the large bank core banking solutions assessment. The current lab benchmark numbers published by Infosys present significant results which are better than data published by some leading industry players, demonstrating that Finacle is one of the most scalable core banking solutions available. It's no surprise that Finacle was the leader for sales in Celent’s core banking sales ranking for 2013. This is definitely an accomplishment and something Celent will be watching going forward."
David Hicks, Vice President, Worldwide ISV, OEM and Java Business Development, Oracle
“Oracle Exastack Optimized recognizes partners who have optimized their solutions on a complete, integrated and cloud-ready infrastructure in order to help them accelerate innovation, unlock new features and functionality, and deliver superior value to users. By achieving Oracle SuperCluster Optimized status, Infosys has demonstrated that its Finacle core banking solution is tested and tuned to work with Oracle SuperCluster to help deliver performance, scalability, and reliability to their customers. With the latest benchmark figures achieved with Oracle SuperCluster, Finacle has demonstrated its ability to support near linear growth in transaction volume and customer base for retail banking.”
(1) Infosys Ltd., conducted a performance benchmark exercise of Finacle Core Banking Solution version 10.2.13 (herein referred to as ‘Finacle’) on Oracle Solaris 11.1 operating system, Oracle T4/T5 servers at the web, JEE and application layers. Further, Oracle RAC database was deployed on Oracle SuperCluster, WebLogic Server 10.3.6 was deployed on JEE servers and Oracle Http Server 220.127.116.11 was deployed on Web servers for online transaction processing mix of 12 business critical transactions
(2) The benchmark was simulated on Finacle database of size 49.84TB having 205,028 branches, 947,364,904 customers, total of 1,969,026,822 accounts, 17,825,570,000 transaction history and 1,037,904 branch user.
(3) China’s population figure as of 2012 from World Bank website
(4)As per the recent CEB Towergroup report titled Planning Your Cross-Channel Future published on Dec 2012, the total volume of transactions per year in US is 73.9 billion or 205 million transactions per day