Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub Unveiled: First Unified Enterprise Gateway To A Hybrid Cloud Environment
Bangalore, London, New York - August 7, 2012: Infosys, a global leader in consulting and technology, today launched the Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub. This comprehensive solution enables enterprises to create, adopt and govern Cloud services across the ecosystem. Businesses can now accelerate time-to-market of Cloud services by up to 40 percent, improve productivity by up to 20 percent and achieve cost-savings of up to 30 percent.
The Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub enables rapid adoption of Cloud services. The unified self-service catalog feature enables enterprises to quickly subscribe to relevant information technology (IT) and business services across multiple environments. The solution can dynamically provision IT infrastructure and platforms on a hybrid cloud environment in minutes.
According to Daryl C. Plummer, Group Vice President and Chief Gartner Fellow: “As hybrid Cloud ecosystems are a reality today, there is a need for enterprises to work with Cloud services brokers for smartly assessing and brokering Cloud services. To truly unlock the challenges of managing a fragmented IT environment, it would be critical for enterprises to embrace Cloud services brokerages.”
The smart brokerage feature of the Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub provides an enterprise-wide decision support mechanism to select, compare and deploy Cloud services from across providers. Decisions can be based on evaluation of over 20 parameters such as quality of service, technology compatibility, regulatory compliance needs and total cost of ownership of application workloads. The Hub provides a single-window view of the enterprise Cloud ecosystem and brings cohesion into an otherwise fragmented IT environment – across private and public Cloud with on-premise IT. The solution enables easy monitoring of Cloud resource usage and optimizes utilization. It provides consolidated metering and billing thereby enabling service charge-backs.
Said Vishnu Bhat, Vice-President and Global Head - Cloud, Infosys: “Our clients are dealing with complexities of a fragmented Cloud environment. The Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub provides organizations a unified gateway to build, manage and govern their hybrid cloud ecosystem. This solution allows clients to fully realize the benefits from the long-standing promise of the Cloud.”
Infosys collaborates with over 30 of the world’s leading providers of Cloud infrastructure, applications and platforms including Amazon Web Services, CA Technologies, Dell, Hitachi Data Systems, HP, IBM, Microsoft and VMware among others. As a Cloud ecosystem integrator, Infosys brings industry leading Cloud capabilities while providing the convenience of single-point accountability. (Partner Quote Sheet enclosed)
- “Through our longtime partnership with Infosys, we will offer customers a broad choice of Cloud solutions through the new Infosys Hub,” said Adam Famularo, SVP of Cloud Solutions and Service Providers, CA Technologies. “We are working together on multiple fronts to deliver full Cloud services management. We’re helping our customers to make smarter and faster decisions around Cloud services sourcing, to predict and manage capacity more effectively, to test application and cloud service behavior more efficiently with service virtualization, to provision services more rapidly using a virtual grid, and to integrate monitoring of the security of those cloud services. Together we can help our customers accelerate time-to-value and increase business returns with intelligent, flexible and secure technology solutions.”
- "At Dell, we realize enterprises are taking multiple paths to the Cloud and we're excited to have our Boomi integration technology be part of the Cloud Ecosystem Hub," said Rick Nucci, General Manager, Dell Boomi. "Our relationship with Infosys provides more choice to customers seeking to transform their business with Cloud solutions.”
- “The new strategic Cloud services partnership further strengthens our long-term relationship with Infosys. Hitachi Unified Storage (HUS) provides the new Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub with a converged solution for Microsoft Exchange environments that offers predictable performance and high scalability. Hitachi Unified Storage enables 99.999% availability in a private Cloud model, which helps IT in their ever-changing environments. These benefits allow Infosys to deliver enterprise-class cloud services to customers at a lower cost. We are excited to be part of this new ecosystem with Infosys to bring our collaboration to the next level,” Mark Kay, Senior Vice President, System Integrators and Alliances, Hitachi Data Systems.
- “With the Cloud at the center of Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012, and Windows Azure, Microsoft offers end-to-end services for private, public, and hybrid Cloud,” said Mark Miller, Director, Server and Tools Business Marketing, Microsoft. “As a Cloud Ecosystem Integrator, Infosys—with its Cloud Ecosystem Hub and related suite of services can bring customers an enterprise view of the Cloud ecosystem to help them select the services they need.”
- Mathew Lodge, Vice President Cloud Services, VMware said, "We are delighted to partner with Infosys in providing industry-leading VMware technology as the foundation for their Cloud Ecosystem Hub. VMware, like Infosys, shares a vision of Cloud driving innovation-led growth for enterprises, while at the same time providing customers with a flexible, tailored and aligned Cloud solution for their individual needs that delivers a competitive advantage. We believe that the Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub addresses the industry need for building, delivering, and managing an enterprise hybrid Cloud ecosystem that meets each client's unique requirements.”
Many of the world’s most successful organizations rely on the 151,000 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow’s enterprise. For more information about Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY), visit www.infosys.com.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended September 30, 2011, December 31, 2011 and June 30, 2012.These filings are available at www.sec.gov . Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.