Infosys Selected By Blue Cross And Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) As Vendor For ICD-10 Transition
News Highlights | Key Quotes | Media Contact
Fremont, Calif. and BCBSA, Washington - June 13, 2011
- Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) announced today that after a rigorous and competitive selection process, the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) has selected Infosys’ iTransform™ product suite to be part of a national purchasing arrangement for ICD-10 transition. Proactively addressing the need to transition to ICD-10 by October 2013, BCBSA sought to offer a group sourcing solution to member companies. iTransform offers a complete suite of products and capabilities that address the varying needs of the 39 Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) health plans nationwide.
- Beginning immediately, BCBS companies will have the option to access Infosys solutions, tools and expertise for group pricing to ensure a rapid and smooth ICD-10 transition. The iTransform suite is robust, feature-rich, user friendly and has the flexibility to customize. The Infosys iTransform product suite includes the following:
- iTransform™ ICD Mapping+ is a software tool that enables the creation of custom relationships between ICD codes within and outside the boundary of GEMS mapping. The tool contains thousands of out-of-the-box conversion rules and provides a web-based user interface to customize rules.
- iTransform™ Payout Simulator provides out-of-the-box tools to review payments at different levels and uses historical claim data to simulate and compare claim payments between ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes.
- iTransform™ Impact Analyzer evaluates the impact of ICD-10 on systems and databases by searching for impact through assignments and propagation of data. The tool classifies and summarizes impact points and generates customized reports by running SQL queries.
- iTransform™ Code Helper is a ready-to-deploy application that offers code hierarchy and a series of dropdown options to select the right code. The tool aims to enhance the productivity of coders and increases the accuracy of the coding process.
- BCBS member companies will be able to pick and choose components based on their unique needs, saving time and money by accelerating the transition, it also ensures minimal disruption safeguarding against risk.
- Eric Paternoster, CEO, Infosys Public Services "Infosys is proud to have the opportunity to assist BCBS plans with ICD-10 transition. Our deep domain expertise and ability to accelerate the ICD-10 process with minimal disruption offers member plans the opportunity to quickly maximize the benefits of compliance."
GolinHarris, (202) 725-0408
About Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Many of the world’s most successful organizations rely on the 130,000 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow’s enterprise. For more information about Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY), visit www.infosys.com.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at www.sec.gov , including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2011, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association is a national federation of 39 independent, community-based and locally operated Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies that collectively provide healthcare coverage for nearly 98 million members - one-in-three Americans. For more information on the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and its member companies, please visit www.BCBS.com