IoT Testing Solution
The Internet of Things (IoT) is enabling enterprises to build various connected, smart IoT applications in order to strengthen multiple dimensions of customer engagement and retention. According to recent market reports, the number of connected ‘things’ is set to explode and expected to reach 25 billion by 2020. Owing to these advances in IoT, connected and smart solutions will soon enable firms to use software to monitor customers’ real-world experiences and respond across the full range of consumer as well as business-to-business scenarios.
Challenges in validation of connected and smart IoT solutions
Given the unique characteristics of IoT applications, there are multiple challenges involved in their validation, such as:
- Support for data volume, velocity, variety, and veracity
- Complex use cases and real-time responsiveness
- Performance requirements for high availability, rapid response, and local processing
- Security and data privacy
- Consistent user experience across various channels
How is Infosys addressing these challenges?
Infosys has developed a comprehensive QA strategy to handle these unique requirements and challenges associated with validating IoT applications. The Infosys Test solution includes a combination of testing with actual devices, tools, and frameworks. Infosys IoT Test Framework provides the capabilities required to perform functional validation, load simulation, and security verification. It can easily integrate with various IoT protocols and platforms, thus providing interoperability. Our in-house network variability testing tool can be used to recreate real-world network scenarios in a test environment. Furthermore, Infosys UI-based automation tools combined with simulators can enable extreme automation.
Infosys IoT validation offerings
Our collective expertise and offerings serve to make testing and validating IoT applications a simple, hassle-free experience. Our offerings provide end-to-end coverage for the testing and validation of IoT applications through:
- Test strategy definition
- User experience validation across various channels
- Device-to-device and device-to-cloud connectivity and interoperability validation
- Performance and scalability validation using actual devices and simulators
- Device and cloud security validation
- End-to-end automation
- Best-in-class and consistent user experience
- Faster time-to-market through early automation and interoperability validation for all popular devices and protocols
- Reduced total cost of ownership by leveraging tools, labs, simulators, and extreme automation
Brochure: Infosys Internet of Things (IoT) Service Offering