A global process management and network solution provider enhances business with a single, global ERP instance
A conglomerate of more than 15 companies operating globally under five major divisions, the client is a leading process management and network solution provider.
There was a need for establishing unified business processes as one of the group companies of the client had grown through acquisition of independently run businesses while another group company was formed through merger of three large corporate entities. The client thus embarked on a business restructuring exercise to standardize its operations across the globe.
The client partnered with Infosys to address business challenges from its decentralized and diverse IT landscape. The Infosys solution, based on Oracle E-Business Suite R11.5.9/11.5.10 enabled the client to achieve business process standardization. A single, global ERP instance was used by the two companies to configure all the business processes, across different groups in finance, supply chain management and other service functions. Infosys also helped the client to set up a program office to lead the program and monitor its overall progress.
The Infosys solution enabled the client to:
- Manage its inorganic growth strategy
- Move to a common chart of accounts for all divisions
- Achieve better and faster month-end close of financials – time taken for this process was reduced from eight days to three days
- Establish common business processes resulting in improved financial consolidation and reporting
- Streamline business processes to leverage synergies on the buy and sell sides of its operations
- Reduce transaction costs and overheads
- Reduce its project business costs by 30 percent – 35 percent, and timelines by 40 percent
Learn more about #InfosysatOOW