PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial Management
The PeopleSoft Finance practice is one of the fastest growing practices in enterprise solutions at Infosys.
The practice serves customers across the US, UK, Australia and India, and spans industry verticals such as banking and financial services, insurance, retail and distribution, transportation, and communication service providers. It has a successful track record of executing projects with 95 percent on-time delivery for a wide range of service offerings – from package evaluation, package implementation, upgrades, support, and maintenance to custom application development and integration. Over 60 percent of the projects are managed by the offshore team.
The PeopleSoft Practice Center of Excellence (CoE) focuses on developing methodologies for offering services, solution development, training and competency building of consultants. As an Oracle Certified Advantage Partner (worldwide), our practice gains early access to new product releases, training, and other joint partnership initiatives.
About 20 percent of the PeopleSoft engagements involve upgrades. The practice has achieved over 25 percent reduction in effort, utilizing the PeopleSoft Upgrade tool built on Infosys Intune end-to-end upgrade methodology.
Infosys Package Assurance service provides independent quality assurance during implementation, upgrade, and maintenance of PeopleSoft by executing multiple levels of testing (functional, regression, volume, and performance).
A notable solution involves the development of an application migration tool, which determines an optimal application transformation road map and enables an accelerated platform migration.
Our practice has expertise in handling all PeopleSoft modules, from 'Order to cash' to 'Procure to pay' business cycles.
Upgrade and implementation at a large US supermarket chain
The client is a leading supermarket chain in northeastern United States with more than 140 supermarkets. The client uses a combination of legacy and package applications to manage its enterprise services requirements. AM, AP, AR, and GL were implemented in PeopleSoft Financials 8.4 suite of applications on tools version 8.44.09. To upgrade the application environment, the client is migrating its PeopleSoft financials systems to 8.9.
- Implementation of PeopleSoft Accounts Payables module v8.4 and integration of GL and AM
- Data extraction and migration from legacy systems
- Implementation of PeopleSoft Accounts Receivables module v8.4 and integration of GL and AP
- Development of inbound interfaces and customized reports
- Development of customized netting process directly between PeopleSoft AR and AP
- Tools and application upgrade passes and data migration using Infosys InTune upgrade methodology
- In-house tools for speedy identification and retrofitting of customizations
- Business process re-engineering using in-house templates and checklists
- Customization of test scripts and plans in line with client processes
- Streamline existing business processes for payables and receivables with processes delivered by PeopleSoft
- Web-based access for PeopleSoft AR consistent with AP, GL, and AM systems
- Single centralized instance on the latest PeopleSoft release
- Re-engineering of business processes (revaluation, translation, consolidation), resulting in lowered manual effort and more accurate financial statements, using the new features in 8.9
- Automation leading to enhanced efficiency of business processes
- Realignment of enterprise financials toward Oracle Fusion
« Back to Products