SAP transformation project for a leading utilities company
Infosys partnered with one of the largest utilities in California generating and delivering electricity to 13 million customers.
The electric utility had hundreds of custom-built point-to-point (P2P) interfaces from unsupported platforms and was unable to handle business information. The company needed a sustainable, customer-centric, and cross-functional process to gauge and enhance customer satisfaction.
In addition, the company sought to:
- Reduce major investments in infrastructure, streamline processes, and comply with regulation
- Introduce portals for employee self-service, develop automated workflows that accelerate approval processes
- Automate payroll processing
The Infosys solution
As a key consulting partner, Infosys provided services including strategic advisory, program management, quality management consulting, business integration consulting, on-site consulting, and off-shore development.
We undertook reports, interfaces conversions extensions, forms and workflow (RICEFW) activities in the areas of enterprise asset management, operations support, finance, human resources, customer care, analytics, and reporting.
Our approach enabled the company to realize several benefits:
- Streamlined processes and systems for better execution of strategic plans
- Meet investment targets
- Adherence to changing reporting requirements and timely regulatory compliance
- Enhanced core business capabilities
- Better customer service