Infosys-Looker: Partnership Alliance
Looker is the business intelligence (BI) and analytics platform part of the Google Cloud data and analytics suite. Transcending traditional BI, Looker powers data experiences that deliver actionable business insights at the point of decision and infuses data into products and workflows to allow organizations to extract value from data at web-scale. More than 2,000 industry-leading and innovative companies have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures.
For more information, visit Looker’s website: https://looker.com/
About the partnership
Infosys is a global implementation and reseller partner of Looker. Our partnership combines Data and Analytics services offerings with Looker’s breakthrough analytics technology. As part of the partnership, Infosys would be integrating Looker’s software into the solutions it deploys to help clients unlock the power of big data.
Data economy is driving enterprises to collaborate with multiple players beyond their boundaries to drive Innovation in their business models and Industrialization of analytics within their enterprise. A modern approach to data and analytics requires a modern technology foundation. Looker was designed to take advantage of evolving trends in data infrastructure. The technology powering Looker is based on three main pillars:
- The in-database architecture leverages the power of modern cloud MPP databases like (Big Query) that are significantly more powerful and live connection to the database provides a complete view of your data without having to move any of it into the application layer.
- The version-controlled semantic layer acts as a centralized definition of all business rules and business logic. It separates business logic from physical data, allowing companies to reliably apply consistent definitions across KPIs, so both technical and non-technical people can work with trusted, reliable data.
- APIs for data give builders the tools they need to deliver any data experience anywhere. Looker is 100% web-based, effectively creating an API for Big Query
Infosys would collaborate with Looker to build a suite of solutions such as below which are already available on other prominent visualization tools:
- Customer Genome: Infosys Customer Genome solution will be designed to aid Looker to bring all relevant information from the data ecosystem into one boundaryless platform, aid the actual information to anticipate needs, and enhance customer experience across their omnichannel journey.
- Supply Chain Early Warning: The solution merges enterprise and external data in a boundaryless platform and applies machine learning models to forecast disruptions and prescribe alternate options, thus enabling supply chain executives