Infosys Pune – A COVID-19 support tree
The CSR wing of Infosys Pune DC carried out key activities in and around the city, to help those worst-hit by the crisis. With active and strong support from DC leaders and employees, the following contributions were made possible.
- Rations and daily meals
- Provided 41,000 people with 6 lakh meals.
- Education support
- Enabled Government schools were to deliver online education.
- Contributed 300 cots and mattresses to a COVID-19 Care Centre (CCC)
- Donated 20 ventilators, 40 viral transport kits, 3 oxygen cylinders, several HIV disposable kits, 50,000 Ostelamvir and Zostum capsules, among others, to hospitals
- Assisted a blood bank in the collection and processing of 1,000 units
- Provided safety gears to medical professionals; these include 1.8 lakh triple-layer and FFP2 masks, 1.3 lakh gloves, 1,000 5-liter cans of sanitizers, PPE kits and high-performance surgical gowns.
- Offered the police force with safety kits comprising 10,500 masks and gloves, 2000 sanitizers, and medical supplements
Dattatraya Vasantrao Pandit, a volunteer, said "I was following the COVID-19 outbreak in Italy closely because of my project. I noticed ventilators are playing critical roles and realized there will be an acute need for it. We approached the Infosys Foundation on March 23 (one day before lockdown) with Maharashtra health services short for ventilators. Within one day, Sudha Murthy madam sanctioned the supply of 20 ventilators."