What made the TV two-way
A telecom operator wanted to monetize products and services through the television. Here’s what we did to make teleshopping a hit.
A telecom operator wanted to monetize products and services through the television
Why is this a significant problem?
- Revenue for telecom operators from data and voice services is dropping by 8 percent year on year
- By 2018, Internet-enabled television will represent 27 percent of all televisions
Why is the problem challenging?
- The client needed a unified technology platform to roll out OTT services for its 50,000+ IP TV subscribers
- Integrating monetization capabilities into the content was no mean challenge
- Infosys DigitizeEdge was deployed to roll out OTT services and enable monetization
- It was integrated with the core infrastructure (headend, network, and set-top box) and helped deliver local and cloud-based apps with a simple remote-control-based UI
- It enabled local and global retail brands and advertisers to drive consumer engagements through the same platform
- The client realized a 15 percent rise in ARPU
- The average TV viewing time of consumers (stickiness) increased from 2.5 hours to 3.35 hours/day
- After implementing a single unified platform, operation costs dropped by 39 percent