What it took to teach a car to think
They asked if we could design and develop a scalable platform to bring online infotainment services to cars. That set us racing.
Design and develop a scalable platform to bring online infotainment services to cars
Why is this a significant problem?
- People spend an average of 15 – 20 hours a week in their cars
- The in-car telematics market is expected to grow to US$54 billion in the next few years
Why is the problem challenging?
- Car OEMs are technically and organizationally not ready to embrace the technology and processes of the internet age
- There are no standards to guide integration
- We provided the architectural, design, and development capability to build a scalable and flexible platform architecture
- This architecture was based on Internet technologies and met stringent security requirements
- We also built applications to drive faster and cost-competitive component development
- Our platform currently supports nearly 8,000 requests/month for in-car services
- It has also reduced time to market for integration of new services by 10 percent