Death care services firm rationalizes enterprise IT expenditure
Infosys partnered with a global leader in death care services to assess its IT landscape, recommend strategies to rationalize expenditure, develop the associated business cases, and implement a proof of concept (POC) to demonstrate technical feasibility and the projected business value.
The client launched an initiative to rationalize its IT expenditure (application, architecture and infrastructure) and associated processes. The client's challenges were:
- A diverse and disparate IT landscape comprising AS/400 and Unix-based systems
- A combination of off-the-shelf products and custom applications
- Lack of system documentation
- A multi-vendor scenario
Infosys helped the client in:
- Preparing a business case, a total cost of ownership (TCO) model and a future-state architecture based on .NET technology
- Simplifying and standardizing IT processes and architecture
- Establishing a .NET framework with architecture specifications and framework code, validating technical feasibility, implementing a POC and validating cost savings (based on the TCO model).