Oil and Gas
Trading Operations Efficiency Enhancement
Energy trading is a dynamic process that requires agile IT infrastructure to ensure seamless operations. Energy trading requires robust trade processing frameworks that enable automation, minimize errors, enhance transparency, and provide an audit trail. While data management systems eliminate duplication of effort for operational and reporting requirements, the core trading platforms should support mergers and acquisitions and new areas of investment.
Infosys Consulting helps clients align their energy trading processes with business goals. Our Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) offering handles physical delivery and financial settlement contracts. Our rich experience in power, oil, gas, and nuclear and renewable energy accelerates trade execution and mitigates operational and regulatory risks.
Our ETRM offerings are supported by in-depth expertise in hedging instruments, logistics and contract management, petroleum refining, modes of energy transport, and inventory management. We enable energy traders to make superior risk-adjusted trading decisions by harmonizing systems, processes, and data. We also help traders select and implement trading platforms that address tactical needs, minimize license costs and ensure scalability.
We develop bespoke trade blotters for visibility into trading activities as well as monitoring systems that reduce cost and outages on prices. Our reporting tools support customized management information system (MIS) reports as well as regulatory guidelines such as European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) and Regulation on Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (REMIT). Our knowledge management framework enables accurate tracking of invoices and accruals.
We offer end-to-end services that include:
- Portfolio analysis
- Strategy/roadmap definition
- Business analysis
- Package evaluation, implementation and upgrade
- Application development, maintenance and support
- Independent validation and quality assurance (QA)
- Program management
- Business process support
- A global resource pool of ETRM consultants and techno-functional experts with cumulative experience of 1,600+ person years
- Industry expertise in physical and paper trading in exchange traded as well as over-the-counter (OTC) products, demand and supply planning and forecasting, contract generation, pricing engine, forward curve generation, and records management
- Collaboration and alliances with leading product vendors such as OpenLink Software, SunGard, Asset Control, and Ventyx
- Our intellectual property assets deliver business value across system integration and product implementation projects. For instance, we delivered a new platform for market data services that consolidated the business objects landscape, enabling cost savings of US $2 million for market data services and annual savings of €120,000 in license costs
- Our process-driven approach delivers increased business value. Our trading transformation program has yielded annual savings of US $8 million, 50% improvement in reporting timelines and 70% reduction in the operational cost of EMIR regulatory reporting.