SCADA System Implementation for a Leading Equipment and Service Provider
A top-tier oilfield service company with a track record of delivering solutions helping Oil & Gas operators in making the most of their reservoirs.
Business Need/ Challenge
A leading equipment and service provider for the upstream Oil & Gas industry faced challenges arising from the lack of automated real-time data acquisition and monitoring of oil wells and poor asset tracking.
Infosys developed, tested and configured a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) application to enable close monitoring, control, analysis, and maintenance. The application enabled acquisition of current and historical data from the oil well through a Remote Terminal Unit (RTU). Key features of the application included:
- Graphical visualizations with pop-up screens providing level visualizations for the tanks, pressure animations in the piping, and the plunger-lift assembly
- Tabular displays showing condition summary of the wells
- Configuration of process alerts and trends for various oil field data
- Easy maintenance of various mechanisms and assemblies by means of asset management screens
- Real-time and historical data acquisition for monitoring and analysis
- Configurable trends and alerts
- Customized user reports generation
- Scalable model for multiple communication media
- State-of-the-art Human Machine Interface (HMI) application