Complete seating system development
A seating system supplier in Europe was responsible for the development of seating systems for a sedan program.
The company sought support for developing the seating system. It was keen to lower engineering costs and extensive use of virtual tools for design validation.
Infosys provided design and engineering support for front and rear seats.
Salient features of the solution include:
- Filing of joint patent application along with the client for mechanism design to achieve fold flat condition
- Complete re-design of rear seat to meet ECE R17 luggage retention requirements
- Development of a tubular structure to replace the box structure in the current seating model
- Complete Finite Element (FE) analysis for Economic Commission for Europe (ECE)/ Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) requirements
- Plant support at the OEM location
- Tubular structure proposed by Infosys team achieved 15% reduction in overall weight and met all the strength requirements
- FE correlation to physical tests achieved 96% accuracy and resulted in prototype tool savings