Plant Management Control Systems for a Global Power Major
The client is a leading transport infrastructure, power generation, and transmission conglomerate with global presence in about 100 countries.
A global leader in power generation, providing turnkey power plant solutions and integration services for gas, coal, hydro, nuclear, and wind energy sources sought Infosys assistance in optimizing control system performance, integrating Plant Management solutions, and complying with open systems and IEC61850 standards.
The client needed to meet stringent supplier cost reduction goals.
Infosys developed a Human Machine Interface (HMI) platform and a powerful control system platform comprising embedded systems (field controllers) with enhanced network protocols. Infosys Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) interface controls and synchronizes gas turbine process model (simulator), and control and safety applications.
Key features include:
- Development of Plant Management system framework and integration with multiple plant control and monitoring systems with a common framework
- Development of control application for gas turbine controls
- Simulation systems (Software-in-the-Loop and Hardware-in-the-Loop) for validating the control system
- Safety control systems for gas turbine application
- Factory acceptance test and support in certification
- Synchronized communication between process model and control application
- Infosys helped the client in reducing onsite protection time by 50 percent through innovative solutions
- Users were provided with a utility which could configure and reconfigure the process model IO signals
- Advanced recording and reporting utilities to analyze time response of simulation variables