End-to-end identity management solution for a university in the US
One of the world’s premier public universities wanted an identity management solution to address its existing and emerging needs.
The existing user provisioning systems at the university were developed in-house. Account synchronization scripts and processes were complex and did not allow real-time provisioning.
The application access request system served over 20 financial application systems, with limited audit and reporting capabilities. The system required manual provisioning of application access.
In addition, the enterprise applications across the campus had independent authorization data stores and processes to maintain authorization information.
- Deploying a solution with minimal impact
- Centralized management of application authorizations
- Real-time synchronization of user data
Infosys assessed the existing provisioning system and processes, and performed a requirements analysis to achieve improved identity management. We defined the strategy and deployed a new identity management system.
We leveraged open source tools for production-level identity management implementation. We also adopted the Global Delivery Model for project delivery. In addition, we conducted interactive knowledge sharing sessions for users to enable adoption at the university.
Our solution realized several benefits:
- Reduced overheads for user administration
- Centralized and easy maintenance of application authorizations
- Reduced application integration costs
- Accelerated delivery and reduced costs
- Increased productivity through faster on-boarding of users
- End-user empowerment
- Reduced exposure and increased security
- Regulatory compliance