IT Cost Reduction Framework & Solutions
A business downturn compels C-level executives to reduce IT costs without impacting business goals. A structured approach to cost reduction supported by strong governance and program management ensures lasting business benefits.
Infosys' IT Cost Reduction framework establishes objectives, benchmarks, constraints, accountability and ownership from key stakeholders. It provides a well-defined structure and governance mechanism for execution while aligning IT cost reduction with business objectives. Our Cost Reduction Solution framework reviews IT cost reduction levers along multiple dimensions - Assets vs. Capabilities and Investments vs. Expense.
|Lack of focused objectives, goals, constraints, benchmarks and cost reduction addressed through isolated efforts ||Infosys' framework evaluates IT spending across multiple dimensions, enabling visibility to reduce IT costs:
- Re-prioritize investments based on business alignment and priorities
- Reduce discretionary spending (e.g., training, meetings, travel, etc.). More reductions require revisiting 'assets' and 'capabilities'.
- Reduce operating expenses for assets through rationalization
- Simplify, automate and relocate the execution of capabilities
|Infosys' implementation approach enables you to:
- Identify cost reduction opportunities
- Analyze opportunities aligned with business priorities
- Formulate an implementation plan