Data migrations are complex and daunting, but necessary for survival.
For many large banks, there’s serious appetite to shift core data and business processes to the cloud, but executing a ‘lift and shift’ is far more complex in reality. At Infosys, we’ve worked closely with leading banks, to safely move data away from the type of mainframes that remain integral to 90% of the world’s banking infrastructure.
How do we do this?
We do this through JuniperX, a multi-cloud platform that is uniquely open-source. No matter which cloud provider you’re using, JuniperX manages a quick, seamless, secure and reliable transfer of mission-critical data.
Data migration, management and governance on a single platform
JuniperX is a petabyte scale, multi-cloud data management platform that is uniquely open-source. No matter which cloud provider you’re using, JuniperX manages a quick, seamless, secure and reliable transfer of mission-critical data. JuniperX automates the collection and delivery of data from a variety of on-premise locations to the cloud.
In just a few months since launch, the solution has been quick to deliver benefits:
- 50% reduction in costs of ownership on data ingestions
- The time taken to create and batch data pipelines to the cloud – less than 30 minutes
- 8x boost in performance from just one Oracle Cloud database
- The time taken to deploy new data feeds reduced from six/eight weeks to two weeks
- The time taken to process one terabyte reduced from six to eight hours to 40 minutes
- 15 minutes – the time it takes to produce a report on data security