Automating testing for a leading insurance company in Europe and the United States
The client is part of a Europe-based global financial institution providing services to 60 million clients in over 50 countries including 14 million in the US. The company provides retail and institutional clients with a variety of products and services ranging from retirement services, annuities and life insurance to employee benefits, mutual funds, and financial planning. In addition, it also offers financial products and services in insurance, asset management, and direct banking.
After a thorough QA process, Infosys suggested an automation suite for regression testing. A proof of concept (POC) was conducted to assess the feasibility of automating the application and test cases using traditional and Infosys Test Automation Accelerator methods. The POC study revealed that Infosys Test Automation Accelerator usage resulted in 20 – 30 percent savings in effort. Infosys built the automation suite leveraging the Global Delivery Model. The availability of experienced testing professionals, automation experts, and the vast experience in delivering similar projects helped us complete the project within time and budget.
- In the first year, the client was able to save approximately US$3.27 million, which represents savings of almost 54 percent
- Automation beacame highly scalable, easy to maintain, and considerably reduced execution time and cost
- 90-day warranty support after signoff
- Reduced production time
- Prioritized test coverage
- Easy identification of new functional test scenarios for regression