Infosys Pharmaceutical Serialization Track & Trace Preconfigured solution
Accelerate your serialization track and trace implementation program
With product serialization becoming a global mandate around 2014 – 2015, time is critical if pharmaceutical companies want to compete in global markets. Serialization can drive better visibility across a secure supply chain and lower recall costs. With the right approach, companies can benefit from serialization while successfully reducing implementation timelines over standard methodologies.
Challenges and opportunities
Global operations, supply chain complexities and technological diversity among supply chain vendors have increased the need for serialization.
- Serialization programs need to be flexible to comply with country-by-country regulations
- Based on our experience, the time required for a complete serialization implementation increases with the number of packaging and distribution lines and can exceed four years using standard methodologies
- Serialization data integrated with existing ERP data will call for real-time tracking and reporting capabilities
Infosys Pharmaceutical Serialization Track & Trace preconfigured solution uses SAP components – SAP ERP central component (ECC), SAP Auto ID-Infrastructure (AII), SAP Event Management (EM) and SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) Mobile and complies with EPCIS requirements. While standard serialization implementation for a packaging line / distribution channel takes six to eight months, pharmaceutical companies can achieve this in just five months using the Infosys Preconfigured solution.
Highlights of the Infosys solution
- Accelerator Packaging Line solution – SAP AII / object event repository (OER) Integration Document refines the integration interface between the packaging line solution and SAP AII, based on EPCIS standards
- Accelerator to speed up SAP AII configuration – SAP OER speeds up implementation of supply chain processes
- Hierarchy upload test tool creates test data and reduces the time and cost of testing and training
- Infosys Life Sciences Center of Excellence (CoE) ensures a talent pool of consultants with global implementation experience, a sound knowledge of regulatory systems, and compliance mandates including FDA, TGA, GxP, and 21 CFR Part 11.
Infosys Pharmaceutical Serialization Track & Trace preconfigured solution has been estimated to reduce implementation timelines by almost 30 percent as compared to the usage of standard SAP methodology.
The Infosys advantage
- With more than five years of serialization implementation experience, our teams have a deep understanding of operational challenges, technologies and compliance requirements for different geographies.
- The Infosys Pharmaceutical Serialization Track & Trace Preconfigured solution reduces the implementation effort, independently of client infrastructure. It can be easily integrated with your partner ecosystem, including packaging line, distribution line, SAP (AAI and OER), and cloud, bringing predictability into the integration framework.
- With comprehensive skills and expertise in databases, package line integration, distribution line integration, and mobile tracking, we ensure successful serialization implementations.