IT process standardization
Infosys reduced cost of development by 10% and reduced time-to-market by 15% for a European grocery and general merchandise retailer as part of their IT process standardization.
The client is a European grocery and general merchandise retailer, with presence in several countries across Europe and Asia.
The client wanted to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) of applications and ensure that the projects were delivered within budget and desired business value. The client wanted to bring efficiency into the onshore-offshore way of working and in package implementations.
Infosys came up with an improvement roadmap and envisioned the ‘to-be state’ for the client. Infosys adopted a phase-wise approach and defined the required processes as per the roadmap.
- Phase I: Defined project management and governance-related processes (reflecting the onshore-offshore way of working); assessed the portfolio management tool
- Phase II: Defined engineering processes, including key metrics
- Phase III: Defined and developed the package implementation methodology
Infosys enabled deployment of processes by creating a process tailoring tool and conducting an organization-wide process training program. Infosys also designed and developed a web-based process portal, defined the quality assurance organization structure, and provided implementation support.
Infosys helped the client achieve the following benefits:
- Reduced time-to-market (by 15%), reduced cost of software development (by 10%) and reduced variance on schedule, cost and effort
- Achieved higher process acceptance, resulting in standardization and consistency in project execution
- Achieved greater visibility into project performance, resulting in improved governance and management