Love the corporate culture, diversity and values
Benji Thian from Singapore and Sukriti Goel, his project mentor, love the corporate culture, diversity and values at Infosys.
- I am: Benji Thian, Undergraduate, Nanyang Technological University majoring in Computer Engineering
- Home to me is: Where my family and friends are
- Languages I speak: English and Mandarin
- I joined InStep because: I wanted to leave my comfort zone, and be thrown into a new culture and environment.
- After InStep: I will finish my studies
- India to me means? A melting pot of sorts, so diverse that sometimes it is contradictory. I love the Indian hospitality, food and culture
- My personal motto: What is a man who does not make the world better?
- I am: Sukriti Goel, Senior Research Scientist, SETLabs
- What inspires me at work: New challenges, opportunity to work with intellectuals
- InStep to me means: Mentoring students while learning a lot from them
- What I would want my intern to remember most about this experience: His experience with diversity and working in a distributed team
- I would recommend mentoring interns to other Infoscions because: it gives an opportunity to take up and complete interesting projects in a short time and provides an exposure to different cultures. One would be surprised on how well a student can perform in a short span of time due to his/her point of view.
Intern and Project Mentor
- The project we are collaborating on: We are conducting research in the area of Dynamic Business Process Management
- Two things we have in common: We want to learn new things and love watching movies
- Our role models: NRN
- What we love about India: Wide variety of food and its diverse culture
- And Infosys: Its values and the opportunity it provides to us to work together and come up with innovative ideas
- A goal (professional or personal) we want to accomplish this year: The short term goal is to publish papers on the research we conducted. The long term goal is to get higher education and continue research work.
- The biggest take away from our collaboration: We learnt new cultures, new methods for research in a collaborative manner.