ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND PRACTICE NOT REQUIRED UNDER THE COMPANIES ACT, 1956
Infosys' Board acknowledges the fact that not all shareholders attend the AGM and even though a proposal may have received the assent of the requisite majority of shareholders present at the AGM, the overall shareholder response to any proposal is not captured or known.
Infosys believes that determining and disclosing the overall shareholder response to the proposals placed before the shareholders in a general meeting is a valuable corporate governance practice. To this end, during the previous seven AGMs, the Company had made available a
non-mandatory ballot through the postal system / internet as a channel for all shareholders to informally express their views on the resolutions tabled before the shareholders in the AGM. The non-mandatory ballot has helped the Company assess the general view of the absentee shareholders on the resolutions set out in the Notice.
The non-mandatory ballot through the internet is not in substitution of or in addition to your right as a shareholder to vote at the AGM.
The non-mandatory ballot through the internet will not have the force of a legally binding vote and will not be construed as a vote at the AGM. The result of the non-mandatory ballot through the internet will not impact the votes cast at the AGM. For your vote to be valid, ensure that you are present in person or send the nominated proxy in person to attend the AGM.
Please note that regardless of you participating in the non-mandatory ballot through the internet, you as a shareholder are entitled to attend and vote at the AGM or to appoint a proxy to attend the AGM.
The Company has appointed Parameshwar Hegde, Practicing Company Secretary, who in the opinion of the Board is a duly qualified person, as the Scrutinizer for the non-mandatory ballot through the internet. The Scrutinizer will collate all non-mandatory ballots and the results of the same will be disclosed at the AGM proceedings.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE NON-MANDATORY BALLOT THROUGH THE INTERNET
To access the non-mandatory ballot portal, please use the following URL :
From Infosys website : http://www.infosys.com/investor/agm2010.asp
From Karvy website : http://karisma.karvy.com/infosys
HOW TO VOTE
- Shareholders will have to choose between three modes of holding – holding shares in physical form, holding shares in a demat account with a depository participant connected to National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) or holding shares in a demat account with a depository participant connected to Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL).
- Investors having a demat account with a depository participant connected to NSDL : Enter the depository participant identification number (DP ID) and client identification number (Client ID).
Example : DP ID – IN302902 and Client ID – 11111111
- Investors having a demat account with a depository participant connected to CDSL : Enter the 16-digit demat account number.
Example : Demat Account Number is 1234567832145678
- Investors holding shares in physical form : Enter the registered folio number.
Example : Folio – ITL000123
- If valid entry as per Step 2, Step 3 or Step 4 above is done, you will be able to cast your ballot. Cast your ballot by clicking on the check box corresponding to each resolution and make your selection by choosing ‘In Favor’, ‘Against’ or ‘Abstain’ for each resolution. Alternatively, you can also click the SELECT ALL button and cast your ballot.
- Click the SAVE / NEXT button to preview the options that you had selected in the previous step.
- Click the SUBMIT button to cast your vote for the online ballot.
- Investors may cast their non-mandatory ballot only once on a resolution, using a specific demat account. If an investor has multiple demat accounts, he / she will be able to participate in the non-mandatory ballot separately, for each demat account, by using the respective DP ID and Client ID.
- The portal will be open for participation from June 1, 2010 to June 10, 2010 between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. IST.