Field force automation for a US insurance major
The client is one of the largest providers of supplemental insurance, operating a large and diverse field force in the US. The company wanted to mobile-enable an existing Web-based field force management application over a diverse range of devices with low total cost of ownership (TCO) and faster time to market.
The company has a large field force of over 7,500 agents spread across the US. The field force team members were given a “trip sheet” every morning, which contained information of customers they were required to contact and service. The trip sheets remained “static” as it was impossible to enable dynamic changes in case the customer was unavailable or any other high priority visit had to be scheduled. This led to challenges in terms of agent productivity and client satisfaction.
The client was keen to mobile-enable services such as agent search, account and policyholder details and reminder lookup for field force operations.
Two key challenges in implementing the mobile solution were:
- The agents carried a diverse set of devices, hence the mobile solution had to be made available on multiple platforms simultaneously.
- Since many advisors are “loosely coupled” with the organization, it was important that the solution required low maintenance n terms of upfront investments on the part of users, apart from enabling future upgrades.
The Infosys mConnect platform helped mobile-enable the field force management application in record time, and ensured that its look and feel was similar to a Web application to boost adoption.
Infosys adopted the mConnect platform and hence the solution was made available on all smartphone devices such as iPhone, Blackberry, and Android, which support GPS capability. As part of the solution, a new feature was added to provide driving directions to an account or policyholder location using GPS technology. Associates were also able to request the three nearest accounts to a specified location, and secure driving directions to one of the accounts.
- Improved agent productivity, leading to direct increase in organization's revenue
- Low total cost of ownership (TCO) for operations and future upgrades
- Mobile solution similar in look and feel to a Web solution, leading to short learning time for users, and hence, higher adoption
- Fast time to market – implementation completed from requirements till delivery in three months