Mobile Wallet solution for an Asian Telecom Service Provider
The client is one of the largest telecom service providers in Asia with over 120 million subscribers.
The client wanted a solution that would enable their subscribers to store money and perform online transactions via their mobile phones.
Infosys designed and developed a mobile-based wallet solution for a leading telecom service provider. The solution helped the service provider enable its subscribers to use their mobiles for storing money and performing online transactions such as purchasing merchandize and payment of utility bills, ticket booking, etc.
Our solution comprised of the following features:
- Developed using Infosys product based on Finacle and its IP on multi-channel gateway
- Supports multiple types of mobile-based wallets
- Adheres to country's central banking institution guidelines on Mobile Banking and Mobile Commerce
- Supports multiple channels for mobile based transactions such as SIM Toolkit (STK), Short Message Service (SMS), Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and resident application client (thin/thick)
- Integrated with multiple systems internal and external involving billers, e-merchants and large food and retail chains, payment gateways, etc
This solution is the first of its kind in the telecom industry and entails following benefits:
- Enabled service providers to enter into banking and commerce domain
- A huge boost for service providers as it enabled subscribers to use their mobile phones for commercial transactions
- Enabled the client to tap consumer segments who were not familiar with banking and other means of commercial transactions aside from cash
- Increased the client’s reach in rural segments by offering cheaper and better alternative channels to monetary transactions and investments