Respect is the most enduring thing at Infosys
The true value of a business to society is not about making profits, says Infosys Executive Co-Chairman Kris Gopalakrishnan.
In an interview with The Guardian, Kris spoke about how Infosys has been built with traditional business values to drive long-term success. The values still run through the business like a stick of rock, he says.
These values include:
- Becoming more relevant to the environment and impacting lives of ordinary people in a positive manner
- Reinventing business to drive maximum value for all stakeholders
- Embedding the company's values in business
- Leading by example and respecting each employee
- Harnessing the power of technology to create and drive sustainable solutions
Says Kris: "We are trying very hard to codify what our values are. They are universal; they are not Asian or Indian…" "There is only one set of rules for everyone in the company including the CEO and chairman, fairness across all stakeholders and excellence in all aspects of business – same in your accounting, or HR or reporting."
Apart from effectively communicating the values to each employee, Infosys regularly reminds employees that they are a part of decision making, he adds.
Published with permission of Guardian News and Media Limited