Over Eight Million Customers of Equity Bank Transact Seamlessly Across Five Countries Using Infosys Finacle
Equity Bank, one of the largest commercial banks in Africa, and Infosys have successfully upgraded the bank’s core banking solution to Finacle 10. The enhanced solution will allow over 8.7 million Equity Bank customers to transact seamlessly across five countries – Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, and South Sudan. Finacle will help the bank roll out offerings faster, explore new lines of business and deliver a superior banking experience to its customers.
- Equity Bank’s multi-country operations now run on a single instance of Finacle, which is deployed centrally. This helps the bank save on infrastructure and maintenance costs, while ensuring a 360 degree view of customer relationships.
- A unified view of customers allows the bank to offer personalized products and services at competitive prices.
- Seamless integration across multiple channels and third-party systems has facilitated productivity improvements across the bank. Cheque processing time has reduced by 30 percent, and new accounts can be opened in less than five minutes.
- The 24X7 functionality of the new solution has reduced the time taken to complete end-of-day operations by over two hours.
- Equity Bank has also improved its regulatory reporting and created a robust management information system to enable effective business decision making.
- The upgraded solution integrates seamlessly with Finacle Treasury and E-banking deployed at the bank.
- The complex, five-country implementation was completed in a short period of less than 12 months.