Infosys Technologies Cited As A Leader In North American Applications Outsourcing Report By Independent Research Firm
Highest Possible Client Reference Scores in the Effectiveness of Application Outsourcing Processes, Account Management and Governance Skills, and Flexibility
Infosys Technologies, Fremont, Calif. - September 23, 2010
News Highlights | Key Quotes | Media Contact
- Infosys Technologies Limited (NASDAQ: INFY) today announced that it was named as a leader in applications outsourcing (AO) among North American AO providers in the Forrester Research, Inc. report entitled, "The Forrester Wave™: North American Applications Outsourcing, Q3 2010."
- "Infosys scored the highest of the India-centric providers," the report stated.
- Additionally, Infosys received the highest client reference score in effectiveness of AO processes and among the highest in the average client reference scores. Infosys also received the highest possible client reference score in account management and governance skills and flexibility.
- According to the report, "Infosys has a strong vision about how intellectual property can be used to improve overall productivity compared with other India-centric providers, as well as a strong vision for managed outcome relationships." Additionally Forrester highlighted that, "Infosys has a detailed specific plan for geographic expansion. The company also has significant capabilities in transition."
- "Clients in North America are today looking for innovative approaches from their AO providers to manage their enterprise-wide applications portfolios. Infosys' investments in alternative engagement models combined with IP-led solutions places us at the forefront for companies looking to move toward managed-outcome relationships for AO services," said Ashok Vemuri, Member of Executive Council, SVP and Head-Americas, Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- "We believe the report confirms Infosys' position in the market," said, Suketu Patel, Vice President and Head of the Strategic Global Sourcing Group, Infosys Technologies Ltd. "In our opinion, one of the highest client reference scores is a reflection of Infosys' capabilities in successfully managing large and complex AO programs for our clients."
For further information, please contact: PR_Global@infosys.com
About Infosys Technologies Limited
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. Infosys has over 113,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit www.infosys.com.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at www.sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2010, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.