News Highlights | Key Quotes | Additional Info | Industry ExpertMedia Contact
- Infosys Technologies (NASDAQ: INFY) is a winner of a North America Oracle Titan Award during Oracle® OpenWorld 2010 for outstanding customer solutions by a leading partner in 2010.
- Infosys' was awarded a Titan Award for the successful implementation of Oracle Warehouse Management System (WMS) for Cummins Inc., a global power leader, a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 500 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 5,200 dealer locations.
- The Infosys solution for efficient warehouse operations involved the implementation of Oracle's industry leading Warehouse Management System (WMS) in addition to Oracle Distribution, Financial and Technology products. The solution was implemented on-time and on-budget, starting with Cummins' largest facility in Fridley, Minnesota.
- Kevin Mullen, Program Manager at Cummins: "The Infosys solution for efficient warehouse operations involved the implementation of Oracle's industry leading Warehouse Management System (WMS) in addition to Oracle Distribution, Financial, Supply Chain and Technology products. The solution significantly reduced cycle time, improved labor and logistics productivity."
Ravi Kumar S. Vice President and Global Head of Oracle Practice, Infosys Technologies Ltd.: "The Oracle Titan Award reflects our continuing strong relationship with Oracle, our deep knowledge of their solutions and Infosys' ability to consistently deliver the highest quality of service to our mutual customers. The solutions' Infosys offers, along with Oracle's extensive suite of products, provide clients with the ability to solve their most critical problems and transform the core of their business."
- Tyler Prince, Group Vice President, Oracle North America Sales, Applications and Public Sector Alliances and Channel: Infosys continues to be an important partner of ours across multiple geographies and vertical markets providing implementation services to joint customers."
- With a force of more than 21,000 Oracle consultants, Infosys is well positioned to deliver cost effective Oracle solutions for the world's largest global corporations.
- In August 2010, Infosys opened the Infosys-Oracle Solution Center on Oracle's Redwood Shores global headquarters campus. This center was developed to conceptualize, showcase and demonstrate next-generation solutions that continue to provide joint clients with leading-edge technology platforms to enable business growth. The Innovation Center enables customers and prospects to learn how Infosys and Oracle solutions, tools and accelerators would benefit their specific environments and business requirements.
- As a Diamond Sponsor of Oracle OpenWorld this year, Infosys' CEO, S. Gopalakrishnan, will be keynoting at Oracle OpenWorld on Wednesday, September 22 at 2:30pm PT. Infosys will also be presenting 22 expert speaking sessions addressing multiple business and technology challenges.
For further information, please contact: PR_Global@infosys.com
About Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. Infosys has over 113,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit www.infosys.com.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at www.sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2009, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.
About Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) Specialized is the latest version of Oracle's partner program that provides partners with tools to better develop, sell and implement Oracle solutions. OPN Specialized offers resources to train and support specialized knowledge of Oracle products and solutions and has evolved to recognize Oracle's growing product portfolio, partner base and business opportunity. Key to the latest enhancements to OPN is the ability for partners to differentiate through Specializations. Specializations are achieved through competency development, business results, expertise and proven success. To find out more visit http://www.oracle.com/partners .
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.