Infosys, a global consulting and technology leader, has signed an agreement with RWE Supply & Trading, a leading European energy trading house, to provide technology services to transform its trading operations to create business efficiencies and drive growth from new markets and commodities.
Central to the agreement is an ‘Innovation and Gain-Share’ model supported by a joint investment framework to identify and implement innovative business and technology projects that will deliver measurable benefits to RWE Supply & Trading.
- Consulting and technology services for applications transformation and business platforms
- Transition to a managed services model for application management
- Business case, solution architecture and operating model design for a future cloud-enabled corporate infrastructure
- Support for trading systems in Essen Germany, where RWE Supply & Trading runs the largest and most sophisticated energy trading floor in Europe, and other locations including Netherlands and UK
Marcus Schaper, Head of IT at RWE Supply & Trading:
“Infosys was able to offer us a full range of technology services coupled with a strong track record supporting energy and financial trading systems. They brought commercial flexibility and a long-term perspective to create a compelling case for our dynamic business.”
Kush Sharma, Head of Utilities at Infosys in Europe:
“We are confident that this association with RWE Supply & Trading will enable strategic growth through the transformation of their trading platform. We will help them use savings generated to make investments that can drive operational efficiency and, more importantly, competitive advantage.”
Infosys now supports three of the leading trading houses in the European energy sector.
- Video on Infosys work with Dutch subsidiary of RWE, Essent,
- Infosys Generation and Trading solutions for Utility and Energy
- White paper:
The Effect of Offshore Wind and Photovoltaic Solar Growth on European Energy Market Trading and Operations
- Infosys Utilities practice