Infosys (NYSE: INFY), a global leader in consulting, technology and next-generation services, today announced an expanded relationship with Microsoft Corp., a global leader in platform and productivity solutions, in driving industry-led solutions, to simplify and automate migration to Microsoft products and to accelerate Microsoft Azure-based and other digital transformations for clients. Infosys has committed to scale its team of dedicated Azure consultants to 5,000.
Many organizations wanting to migrate to the cloud select Azure as an open, hyperscale, enterprise-grade cloud platform. Together, Microsoft and Infosys address a range of migration and implementation scenarios to bring the benefits of cloud to clients quickly and easily. Infosys world-class learning and education center continuously renews the skills of thousands of engineers, helping to drive innovation and automation in all engagements with Microsoft. For example, Infosys provides DevOps and
testing automation support to Microsoft.
This enhanced alliance builds on Infosys’ longstanding relationship with Microsoft as a Global Managed Alliance Partner. Infosys brings the productivity benefits of Microsoft products to its global client base, and is also a provider of technology and business process services to Microsoft. Earlier this year, the two companies announced a similar collaboration in
supporting healthcare organizations in their digital transformation. In the banking industry,
Infosys’ core banking product, Finacle suite, has been available on Azure for the past year.
- Infosys will provide a broad range of offerings to accelerate the adoption of Azure, Analytics and SQL Server 2016. Clients will be able to leverage solutions such as the Healthcare Analytics Suite along with migrations of a wide range of technologies including Mainframe and Linux
- Infosys will expand the availability of its products on Azure, in addition to Finacle, to clients
- In order to assist Microsoft clients, Infosys, along with Microsoft, will build design tools, solution frameworks and accelerators to simplify and automate a significant part of the effort required by clients to migrate and manage their implementations on to Microsoft products
- Infosys will build a global capacity of more than 5,000 consultants skilled on Azure within the next few years, alongside a broad range of tools and solutions designed to accelerate the delivery of services that will drive legacy transformation, workload migration and analytics services
- The two companies will establish a global Azure Innovation Center – an ecosystem to proliferate the development of innovative solutions and offerings to help our enterprise clients utilize the power of the Microsoft cloud platform. The center will utilize the best of design thinking to enable Infosys architects to incubate, differentiate, adopt and showcase the impact of emerging technologies
- Microsoft and Infosys will work to enable clients on cloud transformation journeys to utilize capabilities across Azure, Microsoft Dynamics and Cortana Analytics suite
Judson Althoff, President – Microsoft North America
“Enterprises today are on a journey of digitization – reinventing business processes and adapting to new business models to build a competitive advantage. We are working closely with Infosys in North America and other markets around the globe to help our customers in their digital transformation journey. We are excited about the accelerated Infosys investment in building a global pool of resources together with a range of industry applications. Our efforts will allow both companies to meet the explosive demand of a new generation of solutions powered by Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and Dynamics.”
Sandeep Dadlani, President and Head of Americas, Infosys
“Microsoft products, especially Microsoft Azure, are proving to be among the most compelling enterprise-grade solutions for cloud. Our longstanding relationship with Microsoft and decades of co-development for our mutual clients gives us the knowledge and insight to help clients migrate and take advantage of the platforms Microsoft offers.”
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next-generation services. We enable clients, in more than 50 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$ 9.5 billion in LTM revenues and 194,000+ employees, is helping enterprises renew themselves while also creating new avenues to generate value.
Certain statements in this press release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the 'safe harbor' under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. These filings are available at
www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.