News Highlights |
Key Quotes |
- Infosys Technologies wins two of the Outsourcing industry's top customer-focused awards for the company's best practices in client management of large outsourcing relationships.
"Best Partnership" was awarded to Infosys and its client, Openreach (a BT Group Business), a United Kingdom-based installation and maintenance communications provider. Infosys was recognized for its flexible partner-centric approach that allows clients to execute the company's sourcing solutions within clients' own processes and frameworks.
- Infosys also won the
"Best in Show" award for its ability to manage large complex relationships in which Infosys aligns its comprehensive solutions with clients' business goals. Here Infosys was recognized for having a responsive account management structure, along with robust capabilities in solution architecting, transition planning and execution, governance and performance management.
- The Best in Show and Best Partnership awards were presented by the Outsourcing Institute and Vantage Partners.
- Client Quote: "Over the last three years, Infosys has become a trusted business partner for Openreach thanks to excellent relationship management, a robust governance structure and detailed performance tracking," Neil Rice, General Manager for Outsourced Operations, Openreach. "This resulted in cross-company teams seamlessly working together across multiple initiatives aimed at improving customer experience, driving down costs and enhancing revenue through new services. In a tough environment these initiatives have helped Openreach reduce its operating costs, bring about process efficiency improvements and also launch new products in the market."
- Award Organization Quote: "As an industry-driving provider of business and technology outsourcing solutions, Infosys stood out as an organization that can effectively tackle the business and market challenges associated with managing customer relationships," said Frank Casale, CEO of the Outsourcing Institute.
- Infosys Quote: "Being recognized two years in a row for the 'Best in Show' award is proof positive that Infosys' focus and investments in strengthening capabilities to manage large complex relationships is paying off," said Suketu Patel, Vice President and Head of the Strategic Global Sourcing Group, Infosys Technologies Ltd."
For further information, please contact: PR_Global@infosys.com
About Infosys Technologies Ltd
Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution, and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. Infosys has over 109,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit
Openreach, a BT Group Business, was launched in January 2006 to provide installation and maintenance services on behalf of the UK's Communications Providers in a fair and equivalent way. Openreach is responsible for Great Britain's local access network or 'first mile'- the place where millions of calls, web searches and business deals are started each day. Openreach services, supports and maintains the wiring, fibres and connections which link millions of homes and businesses in Great Britain to Communications Providers' networks. For more information, please visit
About The Outsourcing Institute
Founded in 1993, The Outsourcing Institute (OI), located at
outsourcing.com, is a neutral professional association dedicated solely to outsourcing. As one of the most influential and credible in the outsourcing space, OI is recognized worldwide for its intellectual capital, outsourcing practice expertise and unbiased thought leadership. OI's commitment to innovation, along with its mission to advance the skills and knowledge of its membership, has made it the most respected and relied upon brand for the outsourcing marketplace. OI's executive network, which is comprised of more than 70,000 professionals worldwide, looks to OI as the go-to source for outsourcing thought leadership, information and advice.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at
www.sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2009, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.