Fayetteville Public Works Commission Selects Oracle And Infosys To Support Smart Grid And Customer Service Initiatives
Redwood Shores, California. – July 31, 2012
News Facts | Supporting Quotes
- Oracle and Infosys today announced that Fayetteville Public Works Commission (FPWC) – which provides electricity, water and wastewater services to approximately 110,000 customers in the City of Fayetteville, N.C. and surrounding areas within the county – has selected a broad footprint of Oracle applications and technology solutions, along with Infosys implementation expertise, to improve customer service and support smart grid initiatives.
- The utility, which is updating its business systems as part of a broader transformation initiative to enhance operational efficiency, selected Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing , Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management , Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management , the Oracle E-Business Suite , Oracle Hyperion Planning , Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Management , Oracle Business Intelligence , Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Database . FPWC will implement the Oracle solutions simultaneously and launch the applications in multiple phases.
- With Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management, Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management and the Oracle E-Business Suite solutions, FPWC hopes to improve communication between customer service representatives, dispatchers and technicians – ultimately boosting workforce productivity and reducing operating expenses while helping eliminate missed appointments, service backlogs and overtime costs.
- Additionally, FPWC hopes to improve the availability of historical asset data and secure real-time, enterprise-wide visibility into the type, location and condition of its assets – such as electric transformers and water and wastewater pipes – to help maximize operational efficiency and make better strategic capital investment decisions.
- The implementation of Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing will provide FPWC with a complete view of customer data, helping to streamline billing processes and enable more responsive customer service. FPWC also hopes to improve the information it presents to its customers on monthly bills and through its Web self-service offering.
- The Oracle solutions will also enable FPWC to more quickly and easily adapt to an increasingly complex and expanding regulatory and compliance environment (i.e. North American Electric Reliability Corporation, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, North Carolina Utilities Commission and other regulatory boards including cyber security and related standard/regulation enforcement agencies).
- FPWC is working with Infosys, a Diamond level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), on the implementation. The Diamond level distinction, the highest membership level in OPN, recognizes the expertise of Infosys with Oracle solutions and its ability to consult and deploy Oracle technologies for clients globally.
- “Our mission is to serve as a safe, highly productive community-owned utility that invests in our team, facilities and infrastructure, and provides information to customers, helping them to make informed choices. With Oracle, we have the out-of-the-box functionality and flexibility that we need to take the next step in improving the overall customer experience and helping us to achieve our smart grid goals,” said Susan Fritzen, Chief Corporate Services Officer, Fayetteville Public Works Commission.
- “Along with Oracle, Infosys will deploy a fully integrated suite of enterprise applications which will be the bedrock of FPWC’s Customer Service and Smart Grid objectives. Infosys’ implementation expertise will help FPWC rapidly transform its enterprise application landscape and empower it to enhance customer experience and achieve a higher level of operational performance,” said Aashish Bansal, Vice President and Head of Energy & Utilities for Americas at Infosys.
- “We provide open, integrated solutions that enable utilities of all sizes and types – like Fayetteville Public Works Commission – to achieve optimal operational efficiency and outstanding customer satisfaction. The flexibility and scalability of our solutions will provide FPWC with immediate benefits now and an easier transition to a full smart grid architecture in the future,” said Rodger Smith, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Utilities.
Many of the world’s most successful organizations rely on the 151,000 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow’s enterprise. For more information about Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY), visit www.infosys.com
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarters ended June 30, 2011 September 30, 2011 and December 31, 2011.These filings are available at www.sec.gov . Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities .
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com .
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to utilities, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.