Infosys today announced the expansion of its partnership with
Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) to bring next-generation infrastructure and data center transformation solutions to enterprises. The new solutions will help improve operational efficiencies and facilitate smooth transition of their IT infrastructure to new cloud-based environments.
Infosys will also establish a center of excellence to co-create pay-per-use solutions with HDS. Enterprises can then convert a significant share of their capital expenditure, related to infrastructure and data center management, into operational expenditure.
- The new data center transformation solutions, developed by Infosys and HDS, are tailored to meet refresh cycles of enterprise data centers. The two partners will also create reference architectures and solution frameworks to accelerate private cloud deployments
- Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub is a first-of-its-kind solution that helps enterprises build and manage a unified hybrid cloud environment. This will integrate with Hitachi Unified Compute Platform (UCP) to dramatically reduce time-to-market and simplify complex migrations. The combination will enable enterprises to move to a 100% virtualized environment with management, orchestration and hypervisor integration
- Infosys will facilitate industrialization of big data programs by deploying its Big Data platform on Hitachi UCP creating reference architectures for the Hadoop ecosystem. Infosys Big Data platform enables real-time operationalization of decisions across enterprise systems and is part of the services offered by Infosys Cloud Ecosystem Hub
- Infosys and HDS will create several private cloud offerings to be delivered as-a-service related to ERP, CRM, Exchange and Collaboration, with flexible pricing models. This will help enterprises reduce capital expenditure on their cloud infrastructure and optimize their private and public cloud investments
- Infosys and HDS are collaborating to deploy SAP HANA on a HDS SAP HANA Appliance in both scale-up and scale-out solutions. This will help enterprises to optimally scale with certified reference architecture, speed, flexibility, and rapid implementation leading to lower total cost of ownership and better return on investment.
Brian Householder, Chief Operating Officer, Hitachi Data Systems: "Hitachi Data Systems and Infosys have a long history of collaboration. We are pleased to take our relationship to the next level by delivering the latest Hitachi Data Systems 'Continuous Cloud Infrastructure' solutions to help our mutual customers, around the world, deploy the most available, automated and agile environment for next-generation data centers and cloud solutions. In order to execute in this business-defined world, IT teams are looking to new infrastructure strategies to deploy more continuous, adaptable and scalable infrastructure. Businesses need solutions that don't require constant disruptive changes to the technology that supports them. This is what we are delivering today in strategic partnership with Infosys."
U B Pravin, Chief Operating Officer and Member of the Board, Infosys: "Growing our partnership with Hitachi Data Systems will enable us to bring together our complementary capabilities around cloud and big data to help our customers enhance their IT infrastructure with new technology solutions. Infosys and Hitachi Data Systems will help enterprises implement infrastructure and data center solutions faster, and at lower costs. Our partnership will also give enterprises the much needed flexibility to plan and progress their transformation to next-generation IT infrastructure seamlessly, and without being daunted by huge capital outlays."
About HDS and Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., provides information technologies, services and solutions that help companies improve IT costs and agility, and innovate with information to make a difference in the world. Our products, services and solutions are trusted by the world's leading enterprises, including more than 70% of the Fortune 100 and more than 80% of the Fortune Global 100.
Visit us at
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, delivers innovations that answer society’s challenges with our talented team and proven experience in global markets. For more information on Hitachi, please visit the company's website at
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$8.25 billion in annual revenues and 160,000+ employees, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the 'safe harbor' under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2014 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended June 30, 2014. These filings are available at
www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. In addition, please note that the date of this press release is mentioned at the beginning of the release, and any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.